The Student Room Group

Jacob Rees Mogg for Prime Minister

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welshiee
Daniel Hannan.

He'll be PM in 2025 for sure.
Original post by Drewski
It's front page news of every media outlet that Britain has, are you really incapable of finding out for yourself?

No I'm not incapable, I just thought it would be easier for someone to list them for me, sorry.
I thoroughly against such an openly religion man being the prime minister. I like his economics and I like his politeness. I like the manner in which he orates. I like how he looks and how he dresses, very charming.

But he is far far too authoritarian/conservative in his social policy to the point at which it is just shocking. To be so openly homophobic for no real reason other than "my religion says so" is just unacceptable for a prime minister.

And while I enjoy listening to him a lot I think he is the sort that would become too quickly disenfranchised with the political game to make a good PM. He will occasionally rise to the challenge and deliver a great speech but I think constant pressure would be too much for him - there is a reason he doesn't stand, not least of which he knows most of the Great British electorate would hate him merely for his accent and his appearance (which is sad to be fair, but it's still a fact that they would).

He is more of an academic than a leader.
Original post by Marshall Taylor
-He has wholly supported the Leave campaign.
-He speaks extremely British and has an eclectic knowledge of British politics.
-His voice defines the English's received pronunciation
-He is well liked throughout government, especially in the House of Commons

I hereby put Jacob-Rees Mogg forward as Prime Minister, he is a very politically sound honourable member who speaks with the British people at heart. A worthy name to put forward, especially with the likes of Boris Johnson skewing away from the position.

Thoughts? Discuss.

As much as I like him, I think the Conservatives have more of a chance than ever to steal waves of working class voters away from the dysfunctional Labour Party. Sadly, I don't think Mogg is the person to achieve that. I didn't vote in the referendum but I did have a slight favour towards the Leave campaign, but I think the best person to lead the negotiations out of the EU and unite the country would be someone like May who wanted us to remain. May would crush Corbyn in an election cycle and so I think she should be the next leader.
I like him but I don't think he'd be a strong enough voice in negotiations.
I feel i should point out to the people in this thread that nominations closed yesterday and Mogg has already declared his support for Gove.

So if you want Mogg in the cabinet then it's clear that you should head to your local Tory club and get campaigning for him.
Reply 26
Original post by TorpidPhil
But he is far far too authoritarian/conservative in his social policy to the point at which it is just shocking. To be so openly homophobic for no real reason other than "my religion says so" is just unacceptable for a prime minister.

Seeing as this keeps coming up, can you point me towards a time where Mogg has been "so openly homophobic"? Genuinely interested

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending