Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Best college at Cambridge for someone interested in sport? watch

ReputationRep:
    I love the atmosphere at Cambridge, but feel like many of them just don't have the access to sport that I'm after, what's supposedly the best college I'm keen for regular sport?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    None of them! No time for sport just work work work! Unless you're going to study sport

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? It seemed like there'd be more than enough time

ReputationRep:
    FitzWilliam traditionally prefers brawn to brain :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Check out Jesus college

ReputationRep:
    There is a huge emphasis of sport at Cambridge. Perhaps even moreso than many other universities, with sport teams in every college, and inter-collage sporting competitions. Jesus is definitely one of the more sporty colleges, being close to it's boat house, and all the sports pitches being on site. It is well recognised that working alone without some form of extracurricular activity is less efficient. http://www.bbc.com/news/health-36549897
    Hence exercise is highly beneficial to work well, and so ignore what 1998RF says. Moreover most people I know at Cambridge do some form of sport frequently.

ReputationRep:
    St John's. It's practically owned by the rugby and boat clubs, and every second person seems to wear College sports stash (hoodies etc.). As you might expect some sports (rugby, also the boat club a little) are quite old-boys-network types, many coming from private schools. But don't let that put you off.

As for other colleges, I've also heard that Jesus is quite sporty. Churchill too? They have playing fields on-site.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.