Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tired of eco-warrior chancers taking the moral high ground. Watch

ReputationRep:
    You know the type, preaching how we all need to do more, how we all need to "do our bit". I see posts about climate change from these narcissists all the time on my facebook/twitter feed. The same ones who post several dozen photos on instagram of them on holiday at least 4 times a year. They'll have a car... live the classic upper middle class lifestyle on top of a very basic lifestyle which already requires an obscene amounts of oil to sustain. And then these same people jump on their soap box and preach about lowering ones carbon footprint and how evil big oil are.

They can take their hypocrisy and eat ****. Time to buy shares in dike construction companies I think.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    You know the type, preaching how we all need to do more, how we all need to "do our bit". I see posts about climate change from these narcissists all the time on my facebook/twitter feed. The same ones who post several dozen photos on instagram of them on holiday at least 4 times a year. They'll have a car... live the classic upper middle class lifestyle on top of a very basic lifestyle which already requires an obscene amounts of oil to sustain. And then these same people jump on their soap box and preach about lowering ones carbon footprint and how evil big oil are.

They can take their hypocrisy and eat ****. Time to buy shares in dike construction companies I think.
    Well, it's better than not caring in the first place. And whilst I'm definitely not excusing the genuine hypocrisy that you have pointed out, it is also true that a lot of the most significant action that needs to be taken is top-down. Whilst both are obviously preferable, I think pushing for high-level action on climate change is more significant in the greater scheme of things than making little differences on a personal level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Well, it's better than not caring in the first place. And whilst I'm definitely not excusing the genuine hypocrisy that you have pointed out, it is also true that a lot of the most significant action that needs to be taken is top-down. Whilst both are obviously preferable, I think pushing for high-level action on climate change is more significant in the greater scheme of things than making little differences on a personal level.
    It's like if one person is pouring a gallon jug of poison into a stream, and another person is pouring 97% of a gallon jug of poison into the stream, and the second person is saying "Jeez, some people...look at that guy. To bad more people aren't eco-friendly like me"

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Brits should be encouraged to be more eco conscious and responsible.
    Less waste and more plants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Brits should be encouraged to be more eco conscious and responsible.
    Less waste and more plants
    Even a very basic first world lifestyle uses obscene amounts of resources. We're ****ed. Face it.

ReputationRep:
    Fk off. stop using your computer then

ReputationRep:

I have no time for eco-freaks. I don't have a carbon footprint either because I drive everywhere.
    I'm undoing the "good work" of 5 prius drivers with my 5.2 litre V8 muscle car single handedly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    x
    As long as you don't prance about preaching to others about climate change, more power to you. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I am fully in favour of global warming. My lifelong dream is to grow oranges in Shetland.

Even a very basic first world lifestyle uses obscene amounts of resources. We're ****ed. Face it.
    Consumerism is a disease, and a fundamental part of the 'first world lifestyle' - why do we want it?

ReputationRep:
    I think, if they encourage others to be more Eco-friendly, whilst also upholding their believes by becoming as eco friendly as possible, as well as still being a functional being in society [trust me it is possible] then fair-does. But if they start shoving up in your face and then take a picture of their "new swanky fossil-fuel-non-hybrid-non-electric-cars" then they should be blocked and reported for BS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.