Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I am an international student coming to Imperial in October and I still havent arranged my accomodation. As I'll be a postgraduate I dont think I will be offered a place at the halls I have applied. I was thinking of arranging accomodation to a private hall because it would be difficult for me to arrange my stay in a private house from abroad. Can anyone provide me with information on private halls near Imperial and maybe tell me how to get in contact with these?
    Thanks a lot everyone,

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ic.ac.uk/hq/residences may be able to help you. If you email the housing office they can recomend agencies and/or rooms . The Ducane Housing Association also work with Imperial especially for postgrad students so I'd ask about that too.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I think for international postgrad students, the Imperial Housing Office will be able to assist you. Imperial has some housing that it reserves for postgrads. Also, there's the University of London housing scattered around London. One of the halls is called International Hall.. and well... its for international postgrad students.

ReputationRep:
    I am also an international postgraduate student, coming to imperial in Oct, I have submitted my university accommodation application. I want to ask how is the chance to get an university accommodation for my case if according past years' experience?

ReputationRep:
    uhh.. From what I gather, postgrad students have separate housing from undergraduate, so there is a chance you will get Imperial housing. I think the "foreign" factor plays a big role when they allocate housing; Imperial's more likely to give a foreign student housing over a local so as to allow the oreign student to get used to London. But don't count on getting housing for the 2nd year or onwards.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.