Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im going to start sixth form in September and need to buy a suit now for induction days and work experience etc. However i am wondering whether i should buy a black suit or not. This is the only colour i can find in my size although i am aware it may look too dark.

Do people wear black suits to sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    I wore a black one, for gods sake don't buy a waistcoat, my friend bought one and we just took the piss all year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR778899)
    Im going to start sixth form in September and need to buy a suit now for induction days and work experience etc. However i am wondering whether i should buy a black suit or not. This is the only colour i can find in my size although i am aware it may look too dark.

black is really boring... I'd go for something like navy or grey.. you don't want to get too hot by wearing black all the tim e

ReputationRep:

Wear pink suit. Lol noone wears one at my college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I wore a black one, for gods sake don't buy a waistcoat, my friend bought one and we just took the piss all year.
    Did you friend mistake sixth form, for a two year long wedding... I don't blame you for laughing

Check the uniform requirements for the sixth form to give you an idea of what to wear.

I wear a black one to school and on some days I just wear black on black or black and white.

Black is totally fine. At my brother's sixth form, most of the guys wore black, dark grey, or dark blue suits. I second the warning against waistcoats as it sounds as though life was not worth living for the one boy who insisted on wearing one. Also, don't wear tartan or otherwise patterned suits for the same reason.

ReputationRep:
    I've always gone for a casual/smart look, even for work experience which was in parliament. I don't like business suits. I wear black chinos (jeans sometimes), white shirt and I have one with black buttons just little stuff like that which vary, random tie (finding cool ties is the fun part) and I have several Blazers most of which are blue, I have 1 black but I hardly wear it. My favourite blazer is blue but the collars are black and it looks well sick

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.