The Student Room Group

Advice?

Whats your advice for me for starting A levels this September?
Original post by Daniel718
Whats your advice for me for starting A levels this September?

My general A Level advice would be:

Try to miss as few lessons as possible (I found that more content was covered per lesson at AS and A2 than at GCSE, so it was harder to catch up if I missed any of them)

Make revision notes as you are going along, not at the end of the year after you've covered everything (trying to do them all at the end will take too long)

If you don't understand a topic, ask about it as soon as you can! Not understanding a topic at the start can make things more complicated later on, and waiting to ask about it/them as the exams get closer can be risky, as your teacher may be too busy to be able to help you properly

Take advantage of any lunchtime/after college homework/general help sessions, as they can prove invaluable if you're struggling with any topics, having trouble with exam technique etc

I'll add more points if I think of any, I hope that helps :smile:
Look at the specification and work to it. Do that and you'll be fine
Revise throughout the year, it is much easier to deal with rather than doing it all at the end

Also, only take 4 subjects if you feel that you could easily take them on without them being too overwhelming, and if there is another subject that interests you. Don't feel pressured into taking another on if you don't think you could cope
Keep up throughout the year. Then at feb, start revising from the specification making notes or whatever. But at march start working through past papers, as many as you can do. I think the key to doing well at a levels is how early you start revision and more importantly how many past papers you do.

Quick Reply

Latest