Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How should I prepare myself academically for University? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done core curriculum in about 3 years, I'm concerned about getting back into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    I haven't done core curriculum in about 3 years, I'm concerned about getting back into it.
    Probably read around the subject you're planning to do at university.

ReputationRep:
    Probably a good thing. Uni is nothing like school and theschool core curriculum won't help you. You'll learn in a different way at uni.

My best advice is to take a break over the summer, relax and make sure that you're fresh for your uni start.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hello

I'd suggest for one reading up about your course. Read about each year and the modules you'll be doing. Find out the reading list and start getting some reading in there - if you really want to, look for some past questions that have been used for assignments and do some practice ones. If you don't want to do full on assignments, practice the layout and style and what they need from you in an assignment. This kind of information can be acquired from the lecturer or the library usually or student services. Have a look at them and understand them and 'plan out' some assignments. Understand what you are studying and so on!

Good luck!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/preparing-for-uni Might be worth a try. It's aimed mainly at international students I think to help them prepare for uk style university study but it's likely to be useful for anyone about to head to university in the autumn - especially if you've been away from academic work for a while.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.