Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Me (21) and my boyfriend (20) are thinking of moving out of both our parents house and into our own rented house or flat. I currently do not work but study at University full time, my boyfriend works full time and earns on average (£1100) each month. I have approximately £4000 saved (for furniture, etc). I am applying for part time jobs but so far, haven't been successful. Is this a good idea? My only concern is that we're too young, only a handful of our friends have made the leap. (We have been together 4 1/2 years)

ReputationRep:
    get yourself a job and then if you can handle moving then move, what does your age have to do with it?

ReputationRep:
    I've known people do so at a similar age. If you can see it working, then go for it - just remember that moving out is a big step. Uni students around the same age graduate and move out around that age anyways, so why can't you?

Word of advice: check for apartments - apartments in unpopular areas can be really cheap sometimes (usually there's nothing wrong with the apartment - the landlord just needs someone to snap it up).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.