Got a job at tesco!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    A quick question for anyone els working at tesco, or a job in general. My first payday is tomorrow(Friday) and i was wondering what time i will actually be paid? Will it be at Midnight or more like 5am-midday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student_Harry)
    A quick question for anyone els working at tesco, or a job in general. My first payday is tomorrow(Friday) and i was wondering what time i will actually be paid? Will it be at Midnight or more like 5am-midday?
    5-midday would be a reasonable assumption to make, but I've been paid at 11pm - midnight the day before payday, so just wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I work at Tesco and haven't actually checked the time myself but I'm pretty sure it is early cause when I've checked my account in the mornings, it's usually always in there. Thanks for reminding me that tomorrow is payday ! Tesco is such a great place to work - I genuinely enjoy my job a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    5-midday would be a reasonable assumption to make, but I've been paid at 11pm - midnight the day before payday, so just wait and see.
    Ok thank you, I'm 16 and it's my first job Will wait and see then.

What hours do you guys work? Most of them finish pretty late at around 11PM

x
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    X
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    X

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I work at Tesco and haven't actually checked the time myself but I'm pretty sure it is early cause when I've checked my account in the mornings, it's usually always in there. Thanks for reminding me that tomorrow is payday ! Tesco is such a great place to work - I genuinely enjoy my job a lot
    Yea! no problem, It's my first job an i genuinely enjoy it to Tomorrow will also be my first pay check so i wasn't sure how it worked, another thing with tesco you may be able to help with is payslips? Mainly so that i'd be able to see a break down of my months pay? as i did a couple hours over time and in general would like to see how it all totals up, i was able to find the website called payslipview? but i need an employee number and upon checking my clockin card it just sais Employee no. (Nothing) so i wasn't able to go any futher. prehaps you can help.

Thanks -
    Harry

ReputationRep:
    Yea! no problem, It's my first job an i genuinely enjoy it to Tomorrow will also be my first pay check so i wasn't sure how it worked, another thing with tesco you may be able to help with is payslips? Mainly so that i'd be able to see a break down of my months pay? as i did a couple hours over time and in general would like to see how it all totals up, i was able to find the website called payslipview? but i need an employee number and upon checking my clockin card it just sais Employee no. (Nothing) so i wasn't able to go any futher. prehaps you can help.

Thanks -
    Harry
    Doesn't it say your employee number on your clock in card . At my Tesco they give everyone their paper pay slips in an envelope and it is attached to your colleague discount booklet ( they give you coupons and stuff, like free burgers lol ) ... If not then you should ask someone I guess or check your contract to see how much overtime you get . I don't really understand my pay cause like it always says ' overtime bonus' on my payslip and it's always random amounts but udk Tesco are generous with their pay it seems

• your activation code to login to payslip view online is on your paper payslip

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't it say your employee number on your clock in card . At my Tesco they give everyone their paper pay slips in an envelope and it is attached to your colleague discount booklet ( they give you coupons and stuff, like free burgers lol ) ... If not then you should ask someone I guess or check your contract to see how much overtime you get . I don't really understand my pay cause like it always says ' overtime bonus' on my payslip and it's always random amounts but udk Tesco are generous with their pay it seems

• your activation code to login to payslip view online is on your paper payslip
    Ok thanks, i've not gotten a paper payslip so i guess i'll get that next time i go into work?(Sunday) i only work sun,mon,tue so i guess they give it to me when they see me,

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks, i've not gotten a paper payslip so i guess i'll get that next time i go into work?(Sunday) i only work sun,mon,tue so i guess they give it to me when they see me,
    Yeh they usually give me mine randomly like you might have to wait till next week or something ; just ask them I guess ?? I wouldn't worry too much though about how your wage is worked out - money is money st the end of the day . Can't believe you're only 16 - I was 17 when I started aha - which department are you on ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh they usually give me mine randomly like you might have to wait till next week or something ; just ask them I guess ?? I wouldn't worry too much though about how your wage is worked out - money is money st the end of the day . Can't believe you're only 16 - I was 17 when I started aha - which department are you on ?
    I'm on groceries :P I know the guy i started with is like 22, when i talk to people they assume i'm 18 and when i tell them i'm 16 they're like no way you look way older, which is odd because im short i thought i looked young, I never thought i'd get a job this young but it all happened so fast, 1 day i went to a recruitment evening with 30 or so other people, a week later i'm working there!

ReputationRep:
    I'm on groceries :P I know the guy i started with is like 22, when i talk to people they assume i'm 18 and when i tell them i'm 16 they're like no way you look way older, which is odd because im short i thought i looked young, I never thought i'd get a job this young but it all happened so fast, 1 day i went to a recruitment evening with 30 or so other people, a week later i'm working there!
    Ah well you just got lucky then - at my place most of the staff have been there for like 30 years and I'm like the young one lol - interesting - my place didn't do recruitment fairs - I just applied online and they rang me up, on alevel results day off all days and asked me to come for an interview and I got the job woo

ReputationRep:
    Tesco is a dead job.

The only good thing is working a Sunday.

Pay usually goes in in the morning by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't work at Tesco OP, but I've just been paid

ReputationRep:
    someone get me a job at Tesco's i'm broke

ReputationRep:
    HELP HELP. for my application when it asked for my required salary i put "6.50" an hour . I just found out they pay 7.02 per hour. does that mean ill be paid 6.50 instead of £7.02?

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you, I'm 16 and it's my first job Will wait and see then.
    Do they pay weekly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasiin2000)
    HELP HELP. for my application when it asked for my required salary i put "6.50" an hour . I just found out they pay 7.02 per hour. does that mean ill be paid 6.50 instead of £7.02?
    Depends how old you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.