Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I've got a job interview tomorrow at 1pm where I really want to impress. I've got a massive ugly red lump/spot developing on my chin. I do have pimples and have had ones like this before, they usually last a while and just sit there then fade away. I'm not sure if it's a nodule, a cyst or something else, but it's red and hurts!

I've had savlon on it, I've tried an ice pack, I've tried a facial scrub, I've tried holding a hot flannel against it. It won't shift.

After holding the flannel on it it did seem to come to a bit of a head. I gave it an experimental squeese, a bit of pus came out and it hurt like hell so I've left it alone since.

Any advice? Anyone managed to get rid of one similar, quick?

If I go to a supermarket or chemist first thing in the morning are they likely to have anything that will help in time? Any home remedies.

Help please, I'm desperate!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Idk if this will work for you but I put some manuka honey/raw honey on it overnight (spot treatment) and the redness will at the very least be reduced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheesegrater

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    make up?

Thanks, Ill try that.

ReputationRep:
    In one day i don't think you can get rid of it. However, you can reduce it. Try Sudocrem (it comes in a grey pot) & u can buy it at pretty much every shop. Not saying it will work but it's a thick white colour so if anything it will definitely hide some redness. Good luck with your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott.)
    Cheesegrater

Posted from TSR Mobile
    great advice, no skin = no spots OP

But seriously - everyone gets spots, I know it seems MASSIVE to you but I doubt your interviewer will really care. Sometimes I find it useful to put a plaster over any spots as it stops you from picking at them and making them redder/worse. (though just do that at home, obviously) Just keep it clean and avoid touching it too much and hopefully the redness will have gone down! Good luck with your interview!

I should clarify my 'Thanks' was directed at the honey, not cheesegrater!

Thanks for the messages. I'll see if I can find some Sudocrem tomorrow.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.