Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you ever let someone else choose your clothes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    According to google one or two people have done it in the past , would you or have you even?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    If it was like a personal stylist situation, or it was a friend and I needed someone to help me choose something to wear, then sure. If I hadn't asked for it though and it was just a regular day, then no way. I'll just wear what I'm comfortable in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnernet)
    According to google one or two people have done it in the past , would you or have you even?

yes
    but that someone would have to be one of two people

1 Leandra Medine
    2 Carine Roitfeld

i am very particular. these people do not personally have my style, but I think we're on the same wave

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if I could veto the outfit if it was completely hideous, or if it was just as a one off for a special occasion.

ReputationRep:
    If either Patrick Grant or Ryan Gosling were to volunteer their services in that capacity, then perhaps. Otherwise, I don't consider my sense of style and sartorial deportment to be in particularly dire need of intervention.

ReputationRep:
    I feel it is good if you are seeking professional help or advice from a friend whose opinion matters because he is a great dresser himself.

ReputationRep:
    Nope absolutely not.

It's incredibly difficult for me to find clothes that fit, let alone ones I like. I really dislike most of the "styles" that are in season or fashionable or whatever right now and have done for some times. They're designed for people with a completely different body shape and height than me and I'd look plain ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I wear what I want lol

Suggest yeah, to your hearts content. I might like what you suggest but it doesn't mean I would wear it. Choose defo not.

(Original post by Spinnernet)
    Yes, if it was uniform for a job.

ReputationRep:
    Depends who it is, and their sense of fashion etc.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I'd trust all of my close friends to chose my clothes for me.

Tbh depends who it is & id let my friends choose tbh

ReputationRep:
    well, I can't imagine that in a situation when I go somewhere out and I can't chose what to wear. On the other hand I love when I am required to wear something during "our time" with my boyfriend. This is kind of a game - we go out shopping for some lingerie and he will decide what to buy or not. I love to dress up and look at his reaction and his eyes. I really like to dress up in his presence - it seems to me that both of us have a lot of fun during this time. I also like to shop online and "get caught" during doing this by him. I always open some websites with nice lingerie and wait for him. For now for example I have another tab on my browser with nice set of bottoms. I will then play words with him, tell him that I wanted to make him a suprise etc.

I know, it may sound all not normal, but let's be honest - we are all similar I won't believe, that you don't like THAT look!

TL;DR: I'd never let anyone tell me how I should look, unless its my boyfriend and we have some sexy time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.