Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have received all the grades for all my subjects except for one.
    I have calculated that I will most likely get a 69, which is almost a 1:i.

I need to have a 67 in order to have a 1:i overall.

However, if I get a 66, 65 or a 64, it would mean I would get a final average of 69.99, 69.89 or a 69.79...

Do universities usually round up the results if it is very near?

I would not forgive myself, if I miss a 1st for less than 0.5%...

ReputationRep:
    Policy on borderline classificationsThe Assessment Board might award the higher degree classification when the aggregate result falls0.5 percentage points below the percentage boundaries of the class above (i.e. between 69.5 and69.9; 59.5 and 59.9 and 49.5 and 49.9). This is not applicable to the pass/fail boundary, or to interimawards.
    I found this on my university website...Never mind...

I am still worried about the wording, because they might not award it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incongruous)
    Policy on borderline classificationsThe Assessment Board might award the higher degree classification when the aggregate result falls0.5 percentage points below the percentage boundaries of the class above (i.e. between 69.5 and69.9; 59.5 and 59.9 and 49.5 and 49.9). This is not applicable to the pass/fail boundary, or to interimawards.
    I found this on my university website...Never mind...

I am still worried about the wording, because they might not award it :/
    No harm in asking

ReputationRep:
    I knew people who got rounded up when they were 2% below.

ReputationRep:
    Look at your university's handbook, it should say. E.g. at my uni if you get 69.5 it's a definite first and then there's a bunch of other rules where it can be rounded up.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies guys!

I actually received my last grade today which was unexpectedly high, so I will be receiving a first ^^

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.