Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which has been the most successful TV Show adapted from a Motion Picture film? I know there aren’t that many, but from the few, which one stands out as the best? IMO, I think M*A*S*H takes the crown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Calibro)
    Which has been the most successful TV Show adapted from a Motion Picture film? I know there aren’t that many, but from the few, which one stands out as the best? IMO, I think M*A*S*H takes the crown.
    I know it is not an exact adaptation of a motion picture movie, but The Sopranos is very heavily modeled after and reliant on the classic film Goodfellas. There are numerous subtle nods to the film in the TV series, not to mention that they also share 27 actors.

ReputationRep:
    Full story is here on a remake of Lethal Weapon as a TV series coming to ITV and tbh, I've never seen the LW films so might actually tune into this especially Wayons who I was a fan of his My Wife and Kids sitcom but the sentence below piqued my interest:

Other classic films including Rush Hour, Uncle Buck, Training Day and Minority Report are also being remade for television.
    Rush Hour, Training Day remade for TV? That's going abit too far IMO.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The TV mini series of The Shining is actually a lot better than the movie, I thought. It was a lot scarier and stayed more true to the book.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    The TV mini series of The Shining is actually a lot better than the movie, I thought. It was a lot scarier and stayed more true to the book.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/
    WOW! Can't tell you how excited I am to finally meet someone else who's also read the book. Feeling connected!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.