Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    So recently I remembered this book I read in primary school. It was a compilation of some very weird and unique short stories and I absolutely adored it at time but cannot remember the name of it. Here are some of the stories I faintly remember:
    1. One was to do with a couple of friends that were playing around with their chicken who could count and one of the boys got hypnotised to become the chicken and went to school the next day like that and didn't do his maths homework and the teacher was rlly strict but freaked out cuz the kid was acting like a damn chicken

2. This teacher had rlly bad headaches so got some medicine but it just made all her wishes come true like even the ones she said by accident and it caused a lot of trouble for her

3. These two best friends decided to put glue on this kids chair and it ripped his trousers or something idek

4. The school had a new chef and everyone loved his food but turns out he was using random things around school as his ingredients like pencil shavings and paint and stuff

That's all I remember. I know it sounds like really weird but it was such a great book and I really really want to find it again. If anyone has read this book or can kinda remember the details let me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umaira1)
    Hi
    So recently I remembered this book I read in primary school. It was a compilation of some very weird and unique short stories and I absolutely adored it at time but cannot remember the name of it.
    The book is called Unbearable by Paul Jennings (1990) and the short story of the chicken is called Next Time Around. Your most welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one_man_abdullah)
    The book is called Unbearable by Paul Jennings (1990) and the short story of the chicken is called Next Time Around. Your most welcome.
    Oh my god! Thankyou soooo much!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.