New PM should be elected from Leave Camp Watch

Naveed-7
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
New PM who will be elected should be a supporter of Brexit.
It is not fair if they elect someone from the Remain side. This is not what 52% of UK voted for in the referendum.
I hope the parliament and the media can consider this.
We need a PM who has supported Brexit and will take this country forward and make our family's lives better.
Someone like Liam Fox, Michael Gove, or Andrea Leadsom.
Not someone who has opposed Brexit beliefs, could be potentially biased and could mess things up for Brexit voters around UK. We dont want that on our heads.
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
true - that's why the party is having this election - because the remainer ex-PM couldn't govern or lead the brexit
Naveed-7
Rep:
?
(Original post by sleepysnooze)
true - that's why the party is having this election - because the remainer ex-PM couldn't govern or lead the brexit
But it worries me that some ministers in the cabinet are supporting Theresa May who is a Remainer.
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Naveed-7)
But it worries me that some ministers in the cabinet are supporting Theresa May who is a Remainer.
yeah I know
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You are asking yourself the wrong question. Her personal views do not matter. What you need to be convinced of is whether she will loyally carry into effect the referendum decision.

As a Remainer I supported Boris because I thought and still think that it is in the interests of the UK to Remain and I thought he was the only politician who could betray the referendum result and get away with it.
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I prefer the best person for the job.

There is Brexit and there are must be a million other issues that need to be solved as well, let's not forget the economy while we are at it too.

I'm sure UK can't afford another profligacy such as the one Liebour left us with and there will be a need to do plenty in the interim to stabilize politics, economy and administration of the country.

Gove or May?

Both are highly divisive figures and as far as I'm concerned Gove's term as a minister hasn't exactly been all that fantastic with all the half-baked ideas and implementation.

May? We might as well as Jeremy Clarkson to be PM.
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Alfissti)
I prefer the best person for the job.

There is Brexit and there are must be a million other issues that need to be solved as well, let's not forget the economy while we are at it too.

I'm sure UK can't afford another profligacy such as the one Liebour left us with and there will be a need to do plenty in the interim to stabilize politics, economy and administration of the country.

Gove or May?

Both are highly divisive figures and as far as I'm concerned Gove's term as a minister hasn't exactly been all that fantastic with all the half-baked ideas and implementation.

May? We might as well as Jeremy Clarkson to be PM.
I understand the criticism of Gove. Apart from the flippant comment, what is the complaint about May?
Llamageddon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it's best if the next PM hasn't already deceived the electorate on an epic and unforgivable scale. Preferably somebody who hasn't promised mutually exclusive things and who doesn't have a track record of not preparing for an election victory.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why? The referendum was only about whether we should stay or leave. It wasn't about any particular individuals and it wasn't based on a manifesto of legislation following the outcome. Farage for example, can't deliver any of the things he promised and has admitted as much.
tanyapotter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Andrea Leadsom scares me so much. She's constantly smiling. She looks like a puppet
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
While i voted for Brexit myself and am supporting a Brexit candidate i would state to the OP that the Conservative Party is not Ukip, nor should it be and nor should it ever be. I myself vote primarily for the economy and foreign policy, while the EU is within that i would never vote for the next Prime Minister simply because of their views on Brexit.
Naveed-7
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
Why? The referendum was only about whether we should stay or leave. It wasn't about any particular individuals and it wasn't based on a manifesto of legislation following the outcome. Farage for example, can't deliver any of the things he promised and has admitted as much.
We need a PM from the Leave side who knows what he is doing. If a PM from the Remain side who could potentially be biased and is opposed to Brexit messes things up, that will be on our heads. It wont be Brexiter's fault but people around UK could blame us for the mistakes of the Remain PM, and maybe we could get assaulted too as a result.
Good candidates are Liam Fox, Andrea Leadsom or Michael Gove.

If a PM from the Remain side messes things up for the country, Us Brexiters cannot be held responsible. PM needs to be from Leave side.
TheCryingRemain
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Elect Farage
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I say Edward Leigh for leader.He has the Trump hair style.
Iknowbest
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do agree and a new manifesto should be thought up and produced, in line with the new economic factors.

Although the plan to reduce the welfare budget and also to reduce our national debt is great, it should not put people's health or lives at risk by reducing much needed public services like the Police and Emergency Services.

I have talked before regarding huge changes needed in the financial systems not only in this country but worldwide. In my opinion, if finance is involved there should be no private information. It should all be transparent and every penny can be scrutinized.

This would alleviate many economic problems we are faced with today. Simple but highly effective change!
ZeroFree
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It is not fair if they elect someone from the Remain side. This is not what 52% of UK voted for in the referendum.
I hope the parliament and the media can consider this.
We need a PM who has supported Brexit and will take this country forward and make our family's lives better.
Someone like Liam Fox, Michael Gove, or Andrea Leadsom.
Not someone who has opposed Brexit beliefs, could be potentially biased and could mess things up for Brexit voters around UK. We dont want that on our heads.
As far as I'm aware no candidate wants to stop us from leaving the EU, so why does it matter if they were a leaver or remainer?
datboii
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ZeroFree)
As far as I'm aware no candidate wants to stop us from leaving the EU, so why does it matter if they were a leaver or remainer?
brexiters are known for paranoia and believing in conspiracies
SaucissonSecCy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not Leadsom, she doesn't have the gravitas. I'd like Fox, but think it unlikely. Although Gove was Brexit, I really think May would be good. I don't think her heart was much in remain, and I think she's reponsible, she said she'd have a Brexit cabinet. And maybe it's better to have her with a Brexit cabinet, rather than a leaver like Gove who might marginally backtrack and/or have some remainers in there. Not sure, there's not much in it.

Defo not Crabb though.
Eunomia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I thought the Leave camp love democracy and the Remain camp hate it? And now you want us all to have an unelected Prime Minister? :lol:
SaucissonSecCy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WBZ144)
I thought the Leave camp love democracy and the Remain camp hate it? And now you want us all to have an unelected Prime Minister? :lol:
Err, what are you talking about? That is perfectly legitimate, you elect a party. It's not like calling a referendum, receiving the verdict, then posthumously inventing rules that invalidate it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads