Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I forgot my Dell Laptop password on Windows 8, how to reset? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I didn't use my Dell laptop in 5 months. And then i used it and I realized I forgot Windows 8 password and its the administrator account. Is there anyway to fix it without paying like lots of money.

ReputationRep:
    If you're the only administrator, you'll have to reset your PC unless you made a reset disk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrisxK)
    If you're the only administrator, you'll have to reset your PC unless you made a reset disk
    I don't have a reset disk and how can I create a reset disk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flametucan)
    Reset disk is the best option if it was a local account. You can reset windows 8/8.1 password without losing any data. There are many programs that can help you out such as Heirenboot, iSeePassword etc...

P.S. If you logged in with MS account, you can reset the password on the web.
    thanks, i will try them, and I have a USB flash, hope it works!

ReputationRep:
    HP gives the best Customer Support Number for the HP Printer, customers can directly contact our Technicians for any query and issues related to the HP Printer, this service is available 24x7 hours 365 days. <a href=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runkellly)
    I didn't use my Dell laptop in 5 months. And then i used it and I realized I forgot Windows 8 password and its the administrator account. Is there anyway to fix it without paying like lots of money.
    Is it a boot password? If not you’re lucky because you can create a bootable operating system and install new windows while keeping your old files

Have a look on YouTube for how to install windows and making bootable media
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    amazing post!!!!!<a href=

(Original post by wolto)
    Is it a boot password? If not you’re lucky because you can create a bootable operating system and install new windows while keeping your old files

Have a look on YouTube for how to install windows and making bootable media
    Old thread

But if you did want to recover files, easiest way is just to boot into linux from a bootable USB stick, and copy the files you want to keep (because linux will obviously ignore windows user permissions). No need to wait to reinstall windows first.

ReputationRep:
    An MSDART disc will bypass this too with no loss of data.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.