Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2:2 in second year.... can i still graduate with a 2:1/1st? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got done for plagiarism in my second year as I stupidly and naively let my friend read my work hence I have failed an entire module. I am resitting it this summer and will be capped at 40. Therefore, my grades so far for second year are 61, 62, 65, 69, 47 (I really messed up my exam for this module purely my own fault) and the 40 (once I have resat it).At the moment I have averaged at 50.7 but with my resit it could be brought up to 57.3 which is a high 2:2. My first year is worth 10%, second year worth 40% and third year is worth 50% of my overall degree. In my first year I averaged out at 60.So I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what I'd need to achieve in my final year to graduate with at least a 2:1 (I understand if a first is out of the question now ).Obviously, I understand the hard work that will be required of me and I've never been more motivated than now. I didn't take first year seriously unfortunately and then second year was just a toxic year for me and my own foolishness got me into a position I feared the most as I was adamant this year to aim for a 1st in my degree. I will most definitely be grafting as much as I can in my final year. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Well if you get the 57.3% then you would need 62.16% in third year to average a 60% overall.
    To get a first you would need to get 82.16% to average at 70% overall.
    While the first may be a stretch, the 2:1 is definitely possible.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Is all your modules taken into account?

For my uni, they only take your best 14 scores out of 16-18 modules over 2nd and 3rd year. Maybe some regulations like these are in place at your university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emb_786)
    I got done for plagiarism in my second year as I stupidly and naively let my friend read my work hence I have failed an entire module. I am resitting it this summer and will be capped at 40. Therefore, my grades so far for second year are 61, 62, 65, 69, 47 (I really messed up my exam for this module purely my own fault) and the 40 (once I have resat it).At the moment I have averaged at 50.7 but with my resit it could be brought up to 57.3 which is a high 2:2. My first year is worth 10%, second year worth 40% and third year is worth 50% of my overall degree. In my first year I averaged out at 60.So I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what I'd need to achieve in my final year to graduate with at least a 2:1 (I understand if a first is out of the question now ).Obviously, I understand the hard work that will be required of me and I've never been more motivated than now. I didn't take first year seriously unfortunately and then second year was just a toxic year for me and my own foolishness got me into a position I feared the most as I was adamant this year to aim for a 1st in my degree. I will most definitely be grafting as much as I can in my final year. Thank you!
    Based on your results/track record so far, I think that 2.i is the most viable option if you put in loads of work. 1st seems pretty unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    Stop doing calculations about what you'd need to get and start studying to get the highest mark possible in your 3rd year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.