Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All
    Thought I would start a thread for 2017 applicants for Media Makeup courses. I know it's not for another year but it's good to start early. We could chat about where we are thinking of applying, what course(s) we are doing now, any advice for portfolios and interviews etc
    Speak soon
    Dream
    P.S I have also put this thread under 'everyday issuses' I didn't know which one was best, sorry. Hope that's ok.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I was wondering if any of you are applying for Special Effects/ Fashion Make Up for 2017! I have applied in UAL, Bournmouth and Hertfordshire (I am an IB student btw)

What about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I've also applied to Bournemouth and UAL as well as Southampton Solent and UCB!
    have you already submitted any portfolios?!

ReputationRep:
    It's not quite ready yet! how about yours?

ReputationRep:
    I've submitted two today, electronic ones to Southampton and London!! I had to create a lot of new pieces to fit the guidelines but wish i had more time

also stressing that I have to have double the amount in my physical portfolio!!

ReputationRep:
    Ι wish you the best of luck! to be honest I feel like they are not really organized and producing work is really hard

ReputationRep:
    and to you to!! Let me know how you get on, and tell me about it.. too hard

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Bournemouth and Southampton! Got a conditional from Southampton and an interview for Bournemouth next week x

ReputationRep:
    @Lydd98 ooh thats amazing!! Let me know how the interview goes please! I'm still waiting to hear back from Bournemouth and London, but I received a conditional from UCB and a unconditional from Southampton

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Was just wondering how long it took you both to get replies from Southhampton, as I've applied for there, AUB, UAL and UCB. I've had a conditional from Birmingham and an interview from Bournemouth. I sent my portfolios last week, and just wondered how long it took for your replies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahg1998)
    Hi
    Was just wondering how long it took you both to get replies from Southhampton, as I've applied for there, AUB, UAL and UCB. I've had a conditional from Birmingham and an interview from Bournemouth. I sent my portfolios last week, and just wondered how long it took for your replies.
    Hey! How funny we applied to the exact same universities. It took about 9 days until I heard back from Southampton I'd say? I heard online Universities usually take up to 10 but no longer than that, although I submitted my one for London the exact same day as Southampton as still haven't heard anything..

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Hey! It took me a week to hear from Southampton. I haven't had my Bournemouth interview yet but last year they let me know within 24 hours X

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard back from London or Southampton yet. Did either of you have to have interviews for Southhampton? Also have you had any interviews yet, as have mine for Bournemouth on the 15th of Feb and am worried about it so much x

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard back from London or Southampton yet. Did either of you have to have interviews for Southhampton? Also have you had any interviews yet, as have mine for Bournemouth on the 15th of Feb and am worried about it so much x
    No I didn't have an interview for Southampton and I assume it's just because they straight up gave me an unconditional, but I was under the impression that I was going to have one beforehand so you might do? But I haven't had any yet, hopefully when I hear back from Bournemouth and London I'll get some but i'm worried too!! I read on another forum how the interviews go for Bournemouth and they don't seem bad at all, apparently they're quite casual and they ask you questions about why you chose the course, what you want to do after and just look through your portfolio! Good luck in your interview!!! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyalicce)
    No I didn't have an interview for Southampton and I assume it's just because they straight up gave me an unconditional, but I was under the impression that I was going to have one beforehand so you might do? But I haven't had any yet, hopefully when I hear back from Bournemouth and London I'll get some but i'm worried too!! I read on another forum how the interviews go for Bournemouth and they don't seem bad at all, apparently they're quite casual and they ask you questions about why you chose the course, what you want to do after and just look through your portfolio! Good luck in your interview!!! xx
    Southampton didn't ask me for an interview!
    And Bournemouth interviews can be nerve wracking as sometimes they are harsh towards you and grill you, asking you loads of questions about stuff and they expect a lot of you (I've been)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydd98)
    Southampton didn't ask me for an interview!
    And Bournemouth interviews can be nerve wracking as sometimes they are harsh towards you and grill you, asking you loads of questions about stuff and they expect a lot of you (I've been)
    Oh god really? that doesn't sound good!! Have you received an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyalicce)
    Oh god really? that doesn't sound good!! Have you received an offer?
    Not had my interview this year yet, but I didn't get in last year x

ReputationRep:
    hopefully it will be okay when i go. i am just worried they'll ask questions i don't know

ReputationRep:
    hopefully it will be okay when i go. i am just worried they'll ask questions i don't know
    Last year they asked me what the last book I read was, where I see myself in 10 years, and if I had to bring someone(famous) back from the dead to do their makeup who would it be and why xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    All sounds very exciting and nerve racking!
    I was just wondering how many images you are putting in your portfolios? also are you putting sketches in your portfolios?
    I am so nervous about the interviews, just worried about the sort of questions they will ask.
    Just curious what backgrounds are you all coming from eg. art, makeup, photography or a-levels.
    Is anyone a mature student?
    Dream x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.