The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do 1 A level ?

My sister didn't get into Uni last year and already has 2 A levels she wondered is she could go back to her old college and do 1 A level ?
Reply 1
Original post by im.a.witch
My sister didn't get into Uni last year and already has 2 A levels she wondered is she could go back to her old college and do 1 A level ?

you can only ask ? and if they say no then she could always self teach it and find a centre to sit the exams ?
Yeah, she can sit as a private candidate and self teach the course, if she can't find college willing to take her.

Yes, it's possible. My friend only did two A-levels due to mental health issues and is returning to college next year to do one whole A-level in a single year, instead of the usual two.
Reply 4
Original post by Platopus
Yes, it's possible. My friend only did two A-levels due to mental health issues and is returning to college next year to do one whole A-level in a single year, instead of the usual two.

thanks :smile: Just I always presumed there would be an issue with funding..
Reply 5
Yeah she can but will need to check with college about any fees. I am only doing 2 A Levels next year, but I only have 3 AS Levels atm so I get it funded for me; I think it will be different if she already has full A Levels.
thanks :smile: Just I always presumed there would be an issue with funding..

I don't know much about what the financial system is, sorry. You'll need to check with your college.

Quick Reply

Latest