Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The other day I had my trial for my prom hair. I had it curled in a ponytail (it was nicer than it sounds). My hair is very very long and very thick and she said that she was worried my curls would stay in so we arranged for my to have it curled both the night before and on the day of prom.
    Anyway, she didn't use any heat protectant which I was really worried about, but I thought she's a hairdresser- she wouldn't do anything so dangerous for my hair. That day, the day after, and today my hair STINKS of burning. It's horrible. I've researched and this is actually burnt hair. I washed it 4 times today with a medicated shampoo which seemed to get rid of the smell mostly, and I've used an overnight coconut oil mask to try and restore any damaged hair before it breaks.

Does anyone have any other tips on restoring healthy hair? I used to always straighten my hair every day, and now I haven't done it since FEBRUARY (I'm proud), which is a big deal for me My hair has gotten so healthy and I'm so upset at what has happened. As I said, this was a prom hair trial which means I am having it done again, probably with even more heat than before. Obviously, I will cover my hair with heat protect before but what else can I do? Also, can you spray heat protect on dry hair? Thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    There are heat protect sprays that you can use on dry hair, so have a look around Boots or something. Be careful with washing it so much because you don't want to kill off all the natural oils in your hair too because that would leave it dry and even more likely to burn. When you next see her, mention the way your hair smelled and that you're a bit worried about the condition of your hair, and ask if there's anything you can do. Hopefully she'll realise and will be a lot more careful.

Have a nice prom!

ReputationRep:
    get rekt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    There are heat protect sprays that you can use on dry hair, so have a look around Boots or something. Be careful with washing it so much because you don't want to kill off all the natural oils in your hair too because that would leave it dry and even more likely to burn. When you next see her, mention the way your hair smelled and that you're a bit worried about the condition of your hair, and ask if there's anything you can do. Hopefully she'll realise and will be a lot more careful.

Have a nice prom!
    Thank you! I did think that about the washing but I'm not going to wash it for a few days now and I did a coconut oil mask, I had to get rid of the smell. I will do that, thank you again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.