The Student Room Group

Who has played/is playing Witcher 3?

Just a general forum :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'd like to but I'm not confident that it will run well enough on my laptop.
Original post by Plagioclase
I'd like to but I'm not confident that it will run well enough on my laptop.

What laptop do you have
Original post by Al-farhan
What laptop do you have

It's a custom one from SCAN. It fulfills the minimum requirements but falls short of recommended. I'd rather wait until I can play it in its full graphical beauty...
Original post by Plagioclase
It's a custom one from SCAN. It fulfills the minimum requirements but falls short of recommended. I'd rather wait until I can play it in its full graphical beauty...

Yea true, no point in minimum settings and everything looking worse.
Reply 6
I want to have a go at the series seeing as I'm a fan of RPGs but I'm waiting till I turn 18 so I can actually purchase the game. My parents aren't fans of gaming so I doubt they'd pick it up for me.
Yep, completed it. Was definetely one of the best games ive played. Story, graphics, characters and the world were absolutely brilliant. Combat did get a bit boring though
One of the best games ever made. Finished the first DLC a while ago and it was amazing, playing the second DLC now and loving it. Still haven't finished the main story though :biggrin:
Reply 9
Witcher 1 = Too dated and old school for me, story is great but gameplay crappy -------- watch a youtube story video of it instead then play 2
Witcher 2 = Brilliant game, short unless you do all the side quests but brilliant - still looks great (current gen) on max settings on my laptop
Witcher 3 = BEST GAME EVER!! = I have 500 hours on record and still playing - haven't even touched the 2nd DLC yet. So good it finally got me to buy and read all of the books (damn good books too)
= Seriously might be a contender for best game, not even exaggerating.
= Incredible soundtrack that i even listen to in the gym, amazing amount of quality content for your money, beautiful graphics and very well optimised (even my laptop runs it on Ultra)

Warning* the is a lot of nudity in the Witcher games so don't play in front of your parents :wink:
I'm currently playing through it. Just doing a few side quests for Keira Metz at the moment. Would anyone who has the DLC Blood and Wine say that its worth buying?
Original post by MarlonField
I'm currently playing through it. Just doing a few side quests for Keira Metz at the moment. Would anyone who has the DLC Blood and Wine say that its worth buying?

Yes! Get the season pass if you don't have HoS already, both DLCs are absolutely amazing. B&W is huge, it's like a new game.
Reply 12
Got sick of it. Very repetitive, uninteresting cities and horrible input lag for character movements.
Reply 13
I'm about 50 hours in at the moment, but i've been distracted by Pokemon Go the last couple of days. Great game though, amongst the best i've played on PS4.
Original post by JordanL_
Yes! Get the season pass if you don't have HoS already, both DLCs are absolutely amazing. B&W is huge, it's like a new game.

Ok, I'll definitely buy the season pass as I don't have any of the expansion packs yet. Would you recommend I finish the main storyline before I start the expansions?
Original post by MarlonField
Ok, I'll definitely buy the season pass as I don't have any of the expansion packs yet. Would you recommend I finish the main storyline before I start the expansions?

I don't think it makes a difference, I've played both DLCs before finishing the main story. Hearts of Stone is set in the main game world so there might be a few really small differences but nothing that'd affect your experience, and B&W is set in an entirely different area with different characters.

You're also given the option of starting a new save with a new character levelled and geared ready for the DLC.
yes it is bloody amazing! Although think the combat can get a touch repetitive unless played on the hardest mode
Original post by Paulwyn
yes it is bloody amazing! Although think the combat can get a touch repetitive unless played on the hardest mode

That's a fair point. Having played through the Witcher 2 on medium (and having got my arse handed to mea fair few times on it lol) I thought medium difficulty would be fine on Witcher 3. ****ING NOPE, it's way easier but yh just crank the difficulty up.
Original post by CaiusMartius
That's a fair point. Having played through the Witcher 2 on medium (and having got my arse handed to mea fair few times on it lol) I thought medium difficulty would be fine on Witcher 3. ****ING NOPE, it's way easier but yh just crank the difficulty up.

Saying that Jenny o the Woods is giving me an absolute pumping! Hoping this will see me through to November and Final Fantasy XV
Reply 19
My very first experience with Witcher 3 (I had not played Witcher I or II before):
"Why people so hype for this game?"
My friend is like: "What? You haven't played it? You noob!..etc..:
"Okay, okay, I'll check it out".
....several minutes later...
...totally sucked in for atleast 50 hours and currently still playing it...

Quick Reply

Latest