Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys*

Can anyone give me any tips on what to say in the first text to my ex girlfriend after the no contact period. She has been liking my posts on Instagram etc but I am unsure how to approach it.

It's her graduation next week and I know how much it means to her. However what is the best way to approach it... One of the reasons why we broke up is because I now know I was too clingy and was expecting to much and I want to tell her that I now understand this and just take things super slow!

Any advice would be fantastic guys!!*

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the purpose of no contact for her to initiate?

ReputationRep:
    We had talked briefly and snap chatted a few times so it wasn't completly NC*
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Make it good
    Concise
    Spoiler:
    Show
    plenti of those emojis bruh :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conrobcfc)
    We had talked briefly and snap chatted a few times so it wasn't completly NC*
    just say congratulations on you graduation, then let her take any convo further

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conrobcfc)
    One of the reasons why we broke up is because I now know I was too clingy
    You have two choices: 1) Don't message her but instead like things back; 2) Send her a message that communicates humour/self-assurance

Spoiler:
    Show
    e.g. "what you liking mah bizzle for, fool!?" :mrt:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.