I don't know what to do anymore...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm starting uni in September and lately been feeling rather lost + inadequate.

I've been feeling mentally worse just in general but dont know if my case is serious enough to talk to someone on campus mental health as I'm worried about my long-term mental health while at university. I don't know if I should wait for a certain level of severity otherwise I might just be wasting their time...

I've just constantly been having negative thoughts & self-doubt not in academia but in every aspect in life. . :sigh:

Its been a struggle getting up every day as I just feel worthless. I hate this mindset as I just see myself differently in the mirror compared to what I used to.
:cry:
Kendrik Lamar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I've been feeling mentally worse just in general but dont know if my case is serious enough to talk to someone on campus mental health as I'm worried about my long-term mental health while at university. I don't know if I should wait for a certain level of severity otherwise I might just be wasting their time...

I've just constantly been having negative thoughts & self-doubt not in academia but in every aspect in life. . :sigh:

Its been a struggle getting up every day as I just feel worthless. I hate this mindset as I just see myself differently in the mirror compared to what I used to.
First off, CONGRATULATIONS for getting into Uni. I hope your case is not as bad as you fear, but it wouldn't hurt if you talked to someone. It is never a good idea to wait for an upsurge in severity. Never. The thought that you could be "wasting their time" is ridiculous. You should be thinking about your welfare, not their tight schedules, if at all.
My suspicion is that what you're feeling is probably not as serious. We all get cases of the blues every now and then. All of us. That's why there's even a multi-billion dollar industry relying on it for survival (the music industry).
I bet you'll shake it off after hanging with a few close friends even for just a few hours.
One day you'll look back and laugh at this moment in your life!
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
I really do urge you to talk to someone about it.I understand how you feel, like you want to tell people but you just don't know how to or want to. But I really do urge you to tell someone about it, even if it means writing it down and showing them that.I didn't tell anyone and I regret not doing anything about it.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
X
I really do wish that you get to talk to someone about this and that you don't get these thoughts anymore. It'll take time though, so be patient.
bookworm246love
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

first of all, as the above poster has said well done for getting into uni but don't worry about it, if you feel like you need to talk to someone then do :hugs: if you wait for a certain level of severity, it may be then too late you never know... just do it when you feel ready but if you need to talk to someone i'm always here, you can always drop me a pm
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any mental health professional worth their qualification would rather see you for 12 weeks now than have you referred with severe anxiety/depression in a years time and need 12 months of treatment... Go see someone, if it's affecting your life then you deserve and need help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (276)
56.44%
I don't have everything I need (213)
43.56%

Watched Threads