Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it's like a year from now or so but it's good to think ahead! any year 10s who have thought about the a levels they want to take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    not in y10 but then i was, i knew i had to take history at A level so i worked really hard for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomeyz_01)
    I know it's like a year from now or so but it's good to think ahead! any year 10s who have thought about the a levels they want to take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I've think I know what I'm definitely taking: maths, physics, economics and computer science

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm thinking maths, further maths, chemistry and French, but I might swap out further maths for English lit - it's good to have some flexibility. I don't think I'll be able to make a decision until results day next year though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have no clue as to what I'm going to take - I think I'm going to be screwed for when I actually have to pick.

ReputationRep:
    I think I would pick: Biology Chemistry Geography Maths (I'm considering changing Maths for Physics although i have heard that it is very difficult)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just yesterday, I had careers day, where we were taken to a computer room to look at A level courses on the UCAS progress, I had chosen months before that day that I wanted to study Biology, Chemistry, Physics and maybe Philosophy and Ethics or Computing or Geography.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    Just yesterday, I had careers day, where we were taken to a computer room to look at A level courses on the UCAS progress, I had chosen months before that day that I wanted to study Biology, Chemistry, Physics and maybe Philosophy and Ethics or Computing or Geography.
    Don't you have to do maths with physics at your school? At mine it's mandatory if you want to do it at A-level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Don't you have to do maths with physics at your school? At mine it's mandatory if you want to do it at A-level.
    Not at all, besides I'm going to study at a different sixth form from my school, I plan on moving, and most sixth forms want a BB or higher at core and additional GCSE science + 5 A* - C for Bio, Chem and Phys.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've settled on Maths, History, Economics and Government and Politics. Not entirely sure though, especially about the latter but it's okay seeing as I've still got a year and my parents might make me go to my school sixth form that doesn't offer economics and then I'm screwed.
    I don't know, is it just me who loves thinking about their future and what they are going to do with their life?

ReputationRep:
    I have picked History, English Literature, Economics and Government and Politics. (not year 10)

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.