Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I understand the you guys are so helpful on here so please help! I'm going crazy. I have just received my 2nd year result and i got a 2:2 (54.2%) and I am really confused because i know i worked a lot harder compared to 1st where I also had a 2:2. I need to get atleast a 2:1 over all. I'm have been so sad, its killing me. I'm not sure where I went wrong yet. I still have alot of figuring out to do but please advice guysss, it would mean alot. P.S i study computer science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyooT)
    Hi all, I understand the you guys are so helpful on here so please help! I'm going crazy. I have just received my 2nd year result and i got a 2:2 (54.2%) and I am really confused because i know i worked a lot harder compared to 1st where I also had a 2:2. I need to get atleast a 2:1 over all. I'm have been so sad, its killing me. I'm not sure where I went wrong yet. I still have alot of figuring out to do but please advice guysss, it would mean alot. P.S i study computer science
    I think it is probably due to exam technique which a lot of people struggle with. Do you have office hours with the relevant tutors? I would go to those and go through your approach and see if they can help you evaluate how you can improve? Do you learn the whole syllabus to enough detail or do you learn what you think will come up? If so can you try to get through the whole syllabus, easiest way is to try and keep up throughout the year rather than catching up in the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    hello. a couple of general suggestions: 1, read the relevant material more than once. on the first read through you get a handle on the themes, concepts and some of the detail, but you forget a lot. 2nd/3rd times it'll be easier, more familiar and more instructive; 2, don't bombard yourself with unnecessary information. figure out what you need to revise for exams or coursework, and read only that (goes without saying to also reduce this relevant material into notes). you should ask a tutor about attaining a 2:1, also perhaps your dissertation will weigh heavily towards your overall grade, which is a different form of assessment to exams - so prepare for that as you ought to. good luck.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.