Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Life expectancy increases? My thought process is if life expectancy increases (significantly), say from 81 (2015 Greater London) to 115 and people were as healthy as they were at 81 when they're 115 would people stay longer in education given they will have 'more time to live'?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by RomNoob)
    Life expectancy increases? My thought process is if life expectancy increases (significantly), say from 81 (2015 Greater London) to 115 and people were as healthy as they were at 81 when they're 115 would people stay longer in education given they will have 'more time to live'?
    I wouldnt believe it would as education would still have a cost associated with it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by RomNoob)
    If the cost can be dealt with by myself in an retirement age, I would surely think about studying carefully. Studying just for fun and because of an interest in it. Why not?

In general, I tend to say no. Firstly, as I think that most people in a higher age have not the pleasure to study just to widen their horizon and secondly, even if they have, money would surely an obstacle.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I don't think so. There are some people who just don't want to be in education.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.