Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, so I'm 15 years old a female. And I don't have heavy hair but I have light black hair for example on my upper lip and chin and side burns. I want to get rid of it.

I want to wax It from the parlour but I'm scared it might grow back thick or even longer?
    I don't know what to do?

ReputationRep:
    There's no proof that waxing makes it grow back thicker, darker or longer. It is actually more likely that it will grow back less with continued waxing. You also have the choice of simply lightening it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    There's no proof that waxing makes it grow back thicker, darker or longer. It is actually more likely that it will grow back less with continued waxing. You also have the choice of simply lightening it
    I do my chin and upper lips and they just grow thinner maybe a bit longer? But Really thin.

I'm scared of trying it on my face.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I actually really like the hair removal creams specifically for these areas. My skin reacts to everything, including wax for even the most sensitive skin, but I didn't feel a thing when I used Nair's upper lit kit. It's not expensive, you can do it yourself, and only takes a matter of minutes. It's a great product to look into, and it's still fine on my hyper-sensitive skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I actually really like the hair removal creams specifically for these areas. My skin reacts to everything, including wax for even the most sensitive skin, but I didn't feel a thing when I used Nair's upper lit kit. It's not expensive, you can do it yourself, and only takes a matter of minutes. It's a great product to look into, and it's still fine on my hyper-sensitive skin.
    but they all smell sooo bad :cry:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by goam)
    but they all smell sooo bad :cry:
    Haha the one I used wasn't so bad. Anyway, I'd take it over red marks and dry skin from waxing any day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Haha the one I used wasn't so bad. Anyway, I'd take it over red marks and dry skin from waxing any day
    hm might have to try that one then & yeahh every method some sort of downfall I guess

ReputationRep:
    Time to start shaving like a man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goam)
    hm might have to try that one then & yeahh every method some sort of downfall I guess
    How did u find waxing'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Blowtorch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sibby313)
    How did u find waxing'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For me waxing is the best method- no rashes or anything and it's not too pain full but it's just too expensive to do my arms and legs with So I only wax facial hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goam)
    For me waxing is the best method- no rashes or anything and it's not too pain full but it's just too expensive to do my arms and legs with So I only wax facial hair
    I want to do it as well. I do my arms and legs but I'm scared my facial hair might grow back thicker and darker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sibby313)
    I want to do it as well. I do my arms and legs but I'm scared my facial hair might grow back thicker and darker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    why don't you do a little 'test patch' and see how it grows back? For me it hasn't grown back thicker (this is a myth anyway) and I already have black hair hair so it couldn't come out any darker :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goam)
    why don't you do a little 'test patch' and see how it grows back? For me it hasn't grown back thicker (this is a myth anyway) and I already have black hair hair so it couldn't come out any darker :dontknow:
    Same I have black hair too.

I got my side burns waxed once last year and they grew back thinner and not very noticeable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.