georgianaaaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm a new full-time student. Can I still apply for a tuition fee loan even if I missed the deadline(27 May 2016)? On the site it says that I can still apply but I might not get the money before the start of my course. What does it means? And how will this affect me?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by georgianaaaa)
I'm a new full-time student. Can I still apply for a tuition fee loan even if I missed the deadline(27 May 2016)? On the site it says that I can still apply but I might not get the money before the start of my course. What does it means? And how will this affect me?
Yes you can apply and should apply ASAP.

Because you've missed the deadline then there is a risk that your first payment may not arrive when you enrol on your course in the Autumn. It could arrive a few weeks later or it could arrive with your winter payment in January.

The sooner you apply the smaller this risk is. But start saving and sorting out overdrafts etc to help fund your living costs and accommodation for your first term just in case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.64%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.55%
I need help with my personal statement (82)
41.41%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (50)
25.25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.52%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed