Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend makes me feel like a loser Watch

I just started dating this guy. He's pretty extraordinary. He's barely out of his teens and he's already the CEO/founder of young tech startup worth 7 figures. This is all great and I'm happy for him, but I feel like I'm not worthy. Yeah, I'm quite book smart but I'm not going to a great university, I have no sense of direction and have absolutely no idea what I want to do in the future.

He's very supportive and he's never done anything to make me feel like this but I can't help it. How do I stop feeling like this? I really do like him and I don't want my irrational feelings to ruin this.

ReputationRep:
    So it's you that makes yourself feel like a loser, not your boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy the sexy relationship with a winner. Just browse through the threads on this forum to read about the unsuccessful relationships, many of which share the same component: a male who is a loser.

ReputationRep:
    Its not him that does that, its yourself. By all accounts you said your boyfriend treats you really nicely!

ReputationRep:
    Click bait title as well as being a lier

ReputationRep:
    Two things:

1) Compared to that guy, most of us are losers in career terms. He's been very lucky or very dedicated (or most likely both).

2) The smart, dedicated, lucky guy has picked you! Even if you don't see why, he does. Have faith in his judgement, if you don't have faith in yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by SentryE3D)
    So it's you that makes yourself feel like a loser, not your boyfriend.
    You're right! I guess I'm just looking for advice on how to stop making myself feel like a loser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just started dating this guy. He's pretty extraordinary. He's barely out of his teens and he's already the CEO/founder of young tech startup worth 7 figures. This is all great and I'm happy for him, but I feel like I'm not worthy. Yeah, I'm quite book smart but I'm not going to a great university, I have no sense of direction and have absolutely no idea what I want to do in the future.

He's very supportive and he's never done anything to make me feel like this but I can't help it. How do I stop feeling like this? I really do like him and I don't want my irrational feelings to ruin this.
    How old is your boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    The title is so deceptive.

ReputationRep:
    your title made me think that your bf is a badass guy but then when i read your OP i just realised what a greatass he is :yep:
    you'll get a degree at the end so dont take it seriously

(Original post by InvestmentBankin)
    Enjoy the sexy relationship with a winner. Just browse through the threads on this forum to read about the unsuccessful relationships, many of which share the same component: a male who is a loser.
    But don't winners usually end up with other winners?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But don't winners usually end up with other winners?
    Not everyone can be a winner. Besides it doesn't sound like you're a loser. Just you have low confidence.*

(Original post by theBranicAc)
    How old is your boyfriend?
    early 20s

(Original post by Kadak)
    The title is so deceptive.
    I apologise

ReputationRep:
    My wife makes me feel like a loser too.

It sounds more like a lack of confidence in your case though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.