Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i applied to a local Tesco for a job. I had to complete an online form where i would chose an option from multiple options of what i would do in the scenario. i entered them and was told my application was un successful. is there anyway for this to change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBigKnob8)
    So i applied to a local Tesco for a job. I had to complete an online form where i would chose an option from multiple options of what i would do in the scenario. i entered them and was told my application was un successful. is there anyway for this to change?
    Unlikely. If you apply for a different position with them, you may be able to redo the form. Although you may have to make a new account if you can because they tend to save your answers for a certain period of time.

It might just be that the position was filled, but that depends on the timing. If you got refused as soon as the answers were sent in, then you didn't score high enough with your choices. If it took them a bit to give you the answer, then it may just be that they didn't get to yours. With application for big chains they tend to go through the applicants who applied the earliest, select a group of them and have a group interview fr which they usually hire someone and just refuse everyone who was left over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    Unlikely. If you apply for a different position with them, you may be able to redo the form. Although you may have to make a new account if you can because they tend to save your answers for a certain period of time.

It might just be that the position was filled, but that depends on the timing. If you got refused as soon as the answers were sent in, then you didn't score high enough with your choices. If it took them a bit to give you the answer, then it may just be that they didn't get to yours. With application for big chains they tend to go through the applicants who applied the earliest, select a group of them and have a group interview fr which they usually hire someone and just refuse everyone who was left over.
    as soon I submitted it i failed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBigKnob8)
    Is it possible to delete my tesco account and start again?

ReputationRep:
    It was your answers then. First I suggest that you think about why you failed. I'm not sure if you can delete and create another one. I've never applied to tescos. Some companies will link the accounts with you NI number so will only allow one account with no deleting it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.