Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My brother generally believes that kissing is the only form of cheating, however he has never had a relationship last for more than 3 years.

Is touching considered cheating, e.g, you are in a club and you flirt with this person and begin touching their bodies and hair.

ReputationRep:
    The thought alone, is borderline. Acting on that impulse, is without a doubt, 100% cheating.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely.

I'd be furious if my wife was touching other men.

And no, alcohol is not an excuse.

ReputationRep:
    I would say so, unless you're in a polyamorous relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is going to see it differently. I know some people who are okay with their partner kissing, touching and dancing with others so long as it is at a club and they're drunk - go figure.

I agree with spv, the thought of doing it alone is borderline. You think of doing it and you're about half way there. Touching to flirt is cheating. Touching to entice and seduce is cheating. Even as a joke, if it's sexual in nature, it is cheating.

ReputationRep:
    yes
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Depends wher you are touching and in what context. If its intimate then almost certainly.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what ya mean by touch

ReputationRep:
    Depends flirting is a no but my partner goes out with a mate of his to go dancing that involves some partner dancing which am okay with as the reason for going is the dancing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzielizzie)
    Depends flirting is a no but my partner goes out with a mate of his to go dancing that involves some partner dancing which am okay with as the reason for going is the dancing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://i.imgur.com/JkRidDE.png

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't consider it to be. But I gesticulate a lot when I talk and so many convos would be cheating then :/

What's wrong with flirting?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It depends on the deal you have with your partner.

'Can I touch other people when dancing etc?' 'Yes' = it's not cheating,
    'Can I touch other people when dancing etc?' 'No' = it is cheating.

Similarly with kissing, or anything else.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a relationship last for more than 3 years. What does that make me?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely cheating: full sexual intercourse

Probably cheating: intimate sexual acts e.g. oral sex

Possibly cheating: kissing and less intimate but somewhat sexual behaviour

Bottom line: best to avoid doing anything you suspect might upset your partner were they around to witness it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.