Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ingrown hair scar removal/treatment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any quick and easy and affordable treatments I could use? It's all over my arms and they have spread really quickly
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by hgopxo)
    Does anybody have any quick and easy and affordable treatments I could use? It's all over my arms and they have spread really quickly
    It's quite unusual to have lots of ingrown hair scars, especially on your arms. Most people get ingrown hairs occasionally, and then very few would actually leave a proper scar. I think it would be worth going to your Dr to find out if these are actually something else. There is a really common and harmless condition called keratosis pilaris, for example, which it could be. It's impossible to advise without seeing them in person so a visit to your GP is the only way to get a confirmed diagnosis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    It's quite unusual to have lots of ingrown hair scars, especially on your arms. Most people get ingrown hairs occasionally, and then very few would actually leave a proper scar. I think it would be worth going to your Dr to find out if these are actually something else. There is a really common and harmless condition called keratosis pilaris, for example, which it could be. It's impossible to advise without seeing them in person so a visit to your GP is the only way to get a confirmed diagnosis.
    I think I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arm and I have ingrown hair on my lower arm
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by hgopxo)
    I think I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arm and I have ingrown hair on my lower arm
    You really need to see a GP to determine what it is for sure, as it could be something completely different. Whether keratosis pilaris is treated depends how severe it is and isn't something I can advise on without seeing. There's not much point wasting time or money on over the counter treatments without a definitive diagnosis of what this is.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.