Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Just watched a documentary on prisons which said that women prisoners tend to get a lot fewer visitors than male prisoners. For example if a man is in prison his gf/wife will visit but not so much when the genders are reversed and apparently it's a common theme across all prisons. I was surprised as I thought that men were just as loyal as women.

ReputationRep:
    I think women in jail are less likely to have partners then men in jail, so they have less people to visit them.

ReputationRep:
    One thing to consider is the fact that women are less likely to be jailed, maybe this is a factor as women have to commit worse crimes.

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    I think women in jail are less likely to have partners then men in jail, so they have less people to visit them.
    Why so though, you mean the man leaves her as soon as she goes in lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why so though, you mean the man leaves her as soon as she goes in lol.
    No, i mean i don't think the type of women who end up in jail are really those who attract many men in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Unsure about prison dynamics, but on the topic of loyalty I've found that when women break up/get dumped in relationships, they are usually the first to fill the void with another man. To me, this is quite unloyal. Quite often, this man was 'just a friend' during the relationship. Do women subconsciously keep options open, even when in a relationship? Who knows. Entirely anecdotal.

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    No, i mean i don't think the type of women who end up in jail are really those who attract many men in the first place.
    Ok good point but then you could say that about men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok good point but then you could say that about men
    I could, but let's be real. More girls are attracted to bad boy thug type men, then men are to bad girl thug type women.

(Original post by hezzlington)
    Unsure about prison dynamics, but on the topic of loyalty I've found that when women break up/get dumped in relationships, they are usually the first to fill the void with another man. To me, this is quite unloyal. Quite often, this man was 'just a friend' during the relationship. Do women subconsciously keep options open, even when in a relationship? Who knows. Entirely anecdotal.
    When I broke up with my guy, I didn't get into another relationship right away as I have other priorities in mind. To tell you the truth if I felt like a great man came along, I wouldn't mind getting into a relationship, even after a break up. It also helps me think less about missing my ex. However I know some women who keep their option open even if they are in a relationship, if they're not married then there isn't something official binding them together so they still look out for other potentials.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.