Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BOE Mark Carney Remain Camp Expert. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    BOE Mark Carney Remain Camp Expert is going to do QE into the financial markets despite the fact that the FTSE100 & 250 have been performing extremely well.
    What I don't understand is why is no one stopping this Keynesian drunken sailor!

The Stirling has been short selled for the past week and we don't need a batch of QE to push it down. It seems Mark Carney is following the narrative of the remain camp to create a recession where none exists.

Such stupid use of monetary policy and no one is protesting about this.

It seems the central banking cartel are getting what they want either way.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...y-for-markets/

this spells doom doom doom!Don't let Keynesian's destroy the economy. They've already destroyed Europe, the USA and Japan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    BOE Mark Carney Remain Camp Expert is going to do QE into the financial markets despite the fact that the FTSE100 & 250 have been performing extremely well.
    What I don't understand is why is no one stopping this Keynesian drunken sailor!
    The world doesn't revolve around the FTSE100 or 250, or their value over a week. One of the problems of depressions is that they tend to happen, not because there is a genuine problem, but because everyone gets the idea that there is going to be a recession and you kind of end up talking yourself into a recession. He is trying to counter that be announcing good news. But that said, there is a risk that uncertainty about the future will delay and put off investment hence leading to a slowdown in the economy anyway. These measures are intended to tackle that head on.

Just why exactly is that a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    The world doesn't revolve around the FTSE100 or 250, or their value over a week. One of the problems of depressions is that they tend to happen, not because there is a genuine problem, but because everyone gets the idea that there is going to be a recession and you kind of end up talking yourself into a recession. He is trying to counter that be announcing good news. But that said, there is a risk that uncertainty about the future will delay and put off investment hence leading to a slowdown in the economy anyway. These measures are intended to tackle that head on.

Just why exactly is that a bad thing?
    Injecting stimulus into the stock markets has made stocks in the USA dependent upon base currency. When base currency falls USA stocks follow. Now we have Carney doing QE2 in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Injecting stimulus into the stock markets has made stocks in the USA dependent upon base currency. When base currency falls USA stocks follow. Now we have Carney doing QE2 in the UK.
    Maybe you should send him an email and tell him the error of his ways? Sounds to me like he doesn't know what he is doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Maybe you should send him an email and tell him the error of his ways? Sounds to me like he doesn't know what he is doing.
    Austrian economists have been shouting from the roof tops for the last 10 year but no one cares.Call me a conspiracy theorist but I actually think they are doing it on purpose so insider traders can make huge profits in precious metals.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.