Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So daughter lives with her mother, but SF asked for additional confirmation as doesn't get 25% council tax discount due to my eldest daughter also living there.

This was all returned at end of May, but not heard anything back yet so are others still waiting or should I get my daughter to chase them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colinj451)
    So daughter lives with her mother, but SF asked for additional confirmation as doesn't get 25% council tax discount due to my eldest daughter also living there.

This was all returned at end of May, but not heard anything back yet so are others still waiting or should I get my daughter to chase them up
    SF usually quote six weeks to process documents, evidence etc., so it sounds like your daughter may still be within that period. If it goes over six weeks, it's definitely worth phoning them to check.

ReputationRep:
    I had troubles with them not even processing my application so I found out quite a bit about how it works.

I suggest that you check online and if there are no changes or information in correspondences calculate how many days it has been from when they received the information.

The rule for them is that the information should be processed in 20 working days from when they received the information. That's about 4 weeks. They say up to 6 weeks to allow enough time for post and such.

It's really simple to call then up. There's usually barely any waiting time and having the customer reference number makes it quicker. The only thing is the cost. It takes from the minutes you have if you have a plan but can be pretty expensive if you don't have one.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies...... Lo and behold it turned up

The power of TSR!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colinj451)
    Thanks for the replies...... Lo and behold it turned up

The power of TSR!!!
    Good to know got what you expected?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, maximum loans based on income which is a relief

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.