Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been studying BSc Mathematics with a foundation year, and I've just finished the foundation year. I want to stay on the course, but my circumstances have given me great cause to move from Norwich to Birmingham. Birmingham also has a BSc Mathematics course (as well as one with a foundation year), but I realized SFE could take this one of two ways: 1) Different university but same course, so I'd still be eligible for funding as normal; I could take year 1 2 and 3 of my mathematics with a foundation year at that university without any problems.

2) New university makes it a new course no matter what and I'd have to make a fresh student finance application; I've used my 'gift year' already so it would be a whole new 3 year course, plus one 'gift year' minus two years previously studied, so I wouldn't be eligible for student finance funding for all the years of the course. Which of these would be the case, or is there a third possibility I didn't consider?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by GeorgeDD)
    I've been studying BSc Mathematics with a foundation year, and I've just finished the foundation year. I want to stay on the course, but my circumstances have given me great cause to move from Norwich to Birmingham. Birmingham also has a BSc Mathematics course (as well as one with a foundation year), but I realized SFE could take this one of two ways: 1) Different university but same course, so I'd still be eligible for funding as normal; I could take year 1 2 and 3 of my mathematics with a foundation year at that university without any problems.

2) New university makes it a new course no matter what and I'd have to make a fresh student finance application; I've used my 'gift year' already so it would be a whole new 3 year course, plus one 'gift year' minus two years previously studied, so I wouldn't be eligible for student finance funding for all the years of the course. Which of these would be the case, or is there a third possibility I didn't consider?
    You need to speak to Birmingham about this. Ideally you want them to record you as transferring into Yr 1 of the 3+1 foundation year version of the course. If you explain that you don't have a gift year and need to transfer from a 4 year course to a 4 year course then they should be able to help.

Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.