Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Michael Gove says he will give the NHS an extra £100m a week, that means he has short changed the NHS by £250m a week. What a liar.

ReputationRep:
    As I understand it, his pledge is to give the NHS an extra £100m a week by 2020. Which would have happened anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Michael Gove says he will give the NHS an extra £100m a week, that means he has short changed the NHS by £250m a week. What a liar.
    My understanding was that he never had £350 million a week to give away in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    My understanding was that he never had £350 million a week to give away in the first place.
    He is not even PM and he has already broken a promise, he has also promised to reduce EU immigration but how much of that is a lie as well.

ReputationRep:
    Politicians lying? Never, you must be dreaming.

ReputationRep:
    When did he state he would give £350million.. be interesting to see because I can't stand him!

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope he gives it not by taking away something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)
    When did he state he would give £350million.. be interesting to see because I can't stand him!
    On a bus
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=br...xNzIChFNXAM%3A

ReputationRep:
    I really wanted someone to shout out "Will that be inflation-adjusted Michael?" or similar.

ReputationRep:
    If you had taken a look at the inside of the fuel cap with a magnifying glass you'd have seen the disclaimer:

*Views expressed by this bus are entirely its own, and do not reflect the views of anyone on it.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have amnesia?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  179.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  index.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  17.3 KB

Ohh this bus? The one that says.. Let's fund our NHS instead? So this is your reason?

ReputationRep:
    This. Read what it says on his battle bus.

http://news.images.itv.com/image/fil...stream_img.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Name:  index.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  17.3 KB

Ohh this bus? The one that says.. Let's fund our NHS instead? So this is your reason?
    To be fair, it doesn't say let's fund the NHS with £350 million.

To me it just says they'll use some of the £350 million to fund the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Do you have amnesia?
    No.. why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    I really wanted someone to shout out "Will that be inflation-adjusted Michael?" or similar.
    Agreed - nothing clear about whether this is a real increase or just a further lie where inflation eats into any increase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    To be fair, it doesn't say let's fund the NHS with £350 million.

To me it just says they'll use some of the £350 million to fund the NHS.
    In that case please give me £20 for basic food rations this week.

Some of it may go towards food, some of it may be spent on a new guitar. But that isn't really important.

ReputationRep:
    Gove never strictly made a pledge of £350m for the NHS. Firstly, the Leave campaign couldn't actually have any say in government spending in the first place (it could only give suggestions, arguments and recommendations), and secondly "We send £350 million to the EU each week, let's fund our NHS instead" doesn't necessarily say all of that money will go towards the NHS. I always imagined it would be put towards other things too, unless should they have listed absolutely everything, down to the spending of each individual pound, on the side of that bus?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.