Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A leaver is basically a vote to potentially:
    a) Sack all the Brits in Europe
    b) Sack all the EU'ers in UK (polish girls serving you coffee and plumbers etc)

And a knock on risk following on from this (because Germany would have to take the extra 1 or 2 million East Europeans) of the whole "Freedom of Movement" unravelling and thus mass unemployment right around the continent.

A Remainer is a person who says:
    "why bother?"

One has to ask the question -

you have to look the polish girl in the eye who is serving you coffee and say "I want you gone"

You have to look the Polish builder in the eye and say "I want you gone".

You have to look the polish health worker in the eye and say "I Want you gone"
    You have to look the UK IT contractor in the EU and in the eye and say "I Want you gone"
    You have to look at the UK oil worker in Italy and say "I Want you gone"
    You have to look at the football players in EU and say "I want you gone"

I don't know how many millions it potentially will be , but we are looking at continent wide potential of mass unemployment Why do Brexit people hate so many ordinary families right round the continent that they would rather they were all on the streets selling the big issue then doing just decent every day jobs...

ReputationRep:
    Nothing will happen to the EU migrants that are already here. Nothing will happen to the EU migrants who will arrive in the next two years.

The Brits that will be getting sacked, are the ones working for companies whose EU headquarters are in the UK. "Millions" is an overstatement. I don't know where the idea comes from that Leavers want every EU national in the country to leave, but it's false, and I'm tired of hearing it over and over again. A leave vote has never meant a complete and total stop to immigration, and the idea of mass deportation is retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    Nothing will happen to the EU migrants that are already here. Nothing will happen to the EU migrants who will arrive in the next two years.

The Brits that will be getting sacked, are the ones working for companies whose EU headquarters are in the UK. "Millions" is an overstatement. I don't know where the idea comes from that Remainers want every EU national in the country to leave, but it's false, and I'm tired of hearing it over and over again. A remain vote has never meant a complete and total stop to immigration, and the idea of mass deportation is retarded.
    Do you mean Leave?

ReputationRep:
    Well anyway mass unemployment for...who? :indiff:
    for...migrants? They can stay you know. It's about...not letting as much in, in the future. They might pack up and leave on their own accord and thus be jobless. But whatever. Or some jobs like foreign or Eu funded businesses might be impacted and so they're employees. But that's a minority. And overtime things will turn up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Do you mean Leave?
    I entirely meant Leave :lol:

ReputationRep:

The Brits that will be getting sacked, are the ones working for companies whose EU headquarters are in the UK. "Millions" is an overstatement. I don't know where the idea comes from that Remainers want every EU national in the country to leave, but it's false, and I'm tired of hearing it over and over again. A remain vote has never meant a complete and total stop to immigration, and the idea of mass deportation is retarded.
    Its virtual deportation because the next generation of 18 year old polish girls making coffee will not be allowed in.

The sacking is very real for YOUNG people right around the entire continent.
    People who are currently doing their GCSEs every where in Europe will no longer have freedom of movement. They have been sacked even before they start.

It will also be very real for EU people on SHORT RUN contracts. When its over they go and they will not be able to come back to do the next one.

Whole industries will be decimated - IT contracting relies on UK people finding jobs in the EU. If they cant we will have mass unemployment.

The whole thing is a nightmare.

Your average middle class , middle income office worker realises this hence the massive uprising that never normally happens with government decisions , how ever odd.

This is the first time in UK history that the middle classes are rebelling on mass.

This REMAIN rebellion is basically your middle classes looking at mass unemployment in the face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    for...migrants? They can stay you know. It's about...not letting as much in, in the future. They might pack up and leave on their own accord and thus be jobless. But whatever. Or some jobs like foreign or Eu funded businesses might be impacted and so they're employees. But that's a minority. And overtime things will turn up.
    You've totally lost the plot.
    Without free movement you are talking total wipe out - millions of people.
    I'm not kidding.

You have not thought it through to all the logical end points.

ReputationRep:

The Brits that will be getting sacked, are the ones working for companies whose EU headquarters are in the UK. "Millions" is an overstatement. I don't know where the idea comes from that Leavers want every EU national in the country to leave, but it's false, and I'm tired of hearing it over and over again. A leave vote has never meant a complete and total stop to immigration, and the idea of mass deportation is retarded.
    Very good and sensible response to the butthurt 'Remainer' myths about the 'Leave' economic armageddon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    Very good and sensible response to the butthurt Remainer myths about the leave economic armageddon
    So you're on a short contract in the UK. It ends you go back home. You then try and start another short run contract (perhaps in IT, or insurance of coffee or plumbing) you will not be allowed back in.

You would have been sacked, not from a specific contract but from the flow of every day contracts.

viffer you are in denial. - you want to be seen as a nice person , but brexit really is not nice - it is potentially sacking millions of young people around the entire continent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Its virtual deportation because the next generation of 18 year old polish girls making coffee will not be allowed in.

The sacking is very real for YOUNG people right around the entire continent.
    People who are currently doing their GCSEs every where in Europe will no longer have freedom of movement. They have been sacked even before they start.

It will also be very real for EU people on SHORT RUN contracts. When its over they go and they will not be able to come back to do the next one.

Whole industries will be decimated - IT contracting relies on UK people finding jobs in the EU. If they cant we will have mass unemployment.

The whole thing is a nightmare.

Your average middle class , middle income office worker realises this hence the massive uprising that never normally happens with government decisions , how ever odd.

This is the first time in UK history that the middle classes are rebelling on mass.

This REMAIN rebellion is basically your middle classes looking at mass unemployment in the face.
    Our current generation of Pilipino and West African nurses seem to have done just fine coming here without the EU's help. Similarly, GCSE students who want to live in Dubai, Canada or America don't complain. The world is more than 27 countries large.

If we need more construction workers, bar tenders or IT professionals, we'll go ahead and open the borders for them. Many countries already employ this tactic - Hire workers that are very in need for the short term on a 5 year working visa. It seems like a better idea than allowing people in permanently, rather than 10 years down the line when a UK graduate wants to go into the same career path, they are met with a sea of very qualified native UK workers, a sea of very qualified EU workers who have been training in the UK for the past 10 years, and a sea of very qualified EU workers who can literally fly in the next day competing for the same job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredorJohn)
    Its virtual deportation because the next generation of 18 year old polish girls making coffee will not be allowed in. The sacking is very real for YOUNG people right around the entire continent. People who are currently doing their GCSEs every where in Europe will no longer have freedom of movement. They have been sacked even before they start.
    Are you serious? :lolwut: Brb, tightening immigration laws = "virtually sacking millions of people across Europe (before they start)".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi123)
    Are you serious? :lolwut: Brb, tightening immigration laws = "virtually sacking millions of people across Europe (before they start)".
    Yes I am dead serious. Brexit is taking the chance of a better life away for millions of people right around Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Our current generation of Pilipino and West African nurses seem to have done just fine coming here without the EU's help. Similarly, GCSE students who want to live in Dubai, Canada or America don't complain. The world is more than 27 countries large.
    You really dont see the harm you are doing people do you.

Take closer to home stories.

You are on a "gap year" and you want to get a job in a Paris Cafe because you are doing a French degree or you just like the idea of Paris.

Why would a Paris cafe take you will when you will need all sorts of special bits of paper, visas, or what not, when a polish girl can just walk in, no papers and start tomorrow.

To leave the EU is going to cause mass unemployment.

ReputationRep:
    You've totally lost the plot.
    Without free movement you are talking total wipe out - millions of people.
    I'm not kidding.

You have not thought it through to all the logical end points.
    Lmao no you've lost it mate. Immigration's not gonna stop You're acting like we'll be an endangered species without uncontrolled migration.
    Remainers say brexiters got their hopes up about immigration being stopped but it seems remainers are the ones freak-predicting that

You are on a "gap year" and you want to get a job in a Paris Cafe because you are doing a French degree or you just like the idea of Paris.

Why would a Paris cafe take you will when you will need all sorts of special bits of paper, visas, or what not, when a polish girl can just walk in, no papers and start tomorrow.

EXACTLY. And how is that right!?

And your last sentence is proven ****ing nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    No............ mass unemployment for themselves? Migrants would be the last ones to be unemployed. They work harder, they're less stupid, and most of them speak far better English than anyone from here.

ReputationRep:

Well, that's oddly specific. As long as you don't set your sights on that one village café in the middle of nowhere, it isn't impossible since you sort out your work permits and visa yourself - your employer doesn't do it for you. Regulations on UK students put up by France are impossible to guess until we actually leave, but many UK gap year students find work in America to pass the time.

Rich middle class 18 year old gap year students wanting to pass the time with idyllic scenarios hardly makes up the demographic for "mass unemployment", but maybe that's just me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    No............ mass unemployment for themselves? Migrants would be the last ones to be unemployed. They work harder, they're less stupid, and most of them speak far better English than anyone from here.
    Anyway exactly. If migrants are the ones not being unemployed then wtf is the issue then since that's all you care about. Not that what you think is anywhere near logical or true lol since one of the main arguments are: EU funded businesses will be affected after brexit so whoever works within those might be unemployed but things better before they get worse and migrants WILL be unemployed. Since there will be a nice little shortage of them :beard: And you and your stupid and mythical generalisations, quit quoting me already lmao

ReputationRep:
    Dear Fred or John (or both)

You have not really thought this through have you?

Yours faithfully

viffer

ReputationRep:
    Anyway exactly. If migrants are the ones not being unemployed then wtf is the issue then since that's all you care about. Not that what you think is anywhere near logical or true lol since one of the main arguments are: EU funded businesses will be affected after brexit so whoever works within those might be unemployed but things better before they get worse and migrants WILL be unemployed. Since there will be a nice little shortage of them :beard: And you and your stupid and mythical generalisations, quit quoting me already lmao
    I don't think you understand how the economy works. You seem to think only businesses funded by the EU will lose money rofl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    I don't think you understand how the economy works. You seem to think only businesses funded by the EU will lose money rofl
    Stop tryna wind me up quoting me with ******** and no facts all the time. I literally just said:
    one of the main arguments are: EU funded businesses will be affected after brexit

It's right there tosspot.

And thanks for acknowledging that what I said was a fact. Since you didn't disagree You just trivialised it. But that's fine, I know exactly what I'm on about.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.