The Student Room Group

Day to day uni essentials

I'm just wondering what people do/will be taking to uni. Obviously pens and pad. Will you be taking ring binder everyday or is that just to keep work in at home, also what type of bag will everyone be taking. I'm thinking a backpack style if I'm going to be taking books everyday or satchel if it mainly going to be just pad an pens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Laugraham
I'm just wondering what people do/will be taking to uni. Obviously pens and pad. Will you be taking ring binder everyday or is that just to keep work in at home, also what type of bag will everyone be taking. I'm thinking a backpack style if I'm going to be taking books everyday or satchel if it mainly going to be just pad an pens.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bought a pretty sizeable ring binder but I plan that to be my home one. Then i'm gonna take a plastic envelope style wallet into classes to keep all my handouts safe. That's my plan so far but i'm still stationary shopping for some more stuff. It's kind of exciting :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bought an iPad Mini for uni as I find it quicker to type on there and can store notes in the cloud (and can't lose them). We didn't get a lot of handouts, all of the lecture slides were uploaded online for us to either print ourselves or just look through. A lot of us started printing off all the notes but there really isn't much point. All you need is literally a notepad and pen, and stuff for lunch/snacks. There's definitely no need to bring folders to lectures. Some people like to use dictaphones but it didn't appeal to me personally. You shouldn't be carrying books to lectures at all, only if you borrow them from the library which you'll probably only do occasionally since journals are available online.*
Reply 3
Charlotte that's a great help thanks. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
When I was doing my last degree I mainly just brought my note pad and pens and coloured pens/ highlighters and had a separate note book for each unit just to make it easier to find stuff.
Sometimes brought my netbook and typed notes if it was easier to have them on comp and used my iPhone as a dictorphone in more complicated sessions. Although check if you need prior permission to record as I needed to at my uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks swagio, I plan on getting a new laptop for uni, a smallish one that way it won't weigh my bag down. Think I will just buy a sachet that will fit pad, laptop and pens. Think I'm just trying to find an excuse to buy more than I need to lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just completed my first year at uni!
I used to take it a pencil case a pad of paper to make notes and I just used a plastic folder to bring in any hand outs I need that day and I when I was done with them I would transfer them into my leaver arch at home. I had one leaver arch for each term and while they got pretty full it seemed to work out for me.
Reply 7
I'm so laid back like I'll probably just take a pen and some paper lol
Reply 8
Thanks swagio, I plan on getting a new laptop for uni, a smallish one that way it won't weigh my bag down. Think I will just buy a sachet that will fit pad, laptop and pens. Think I'm just trying to find an excuse to buy more than I need to lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Satchels are the best bags I don't think I go anywhere without mine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the best laptop to buy? I definitely need a new one
Reply 10
Original post by courtiiee27
What's the best laptop to buy? I definitely need a new one

I'm getting a 2in1 the keyboard is removable so can be used as tablet or a laptop. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending