Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyway I can make £800 (online) quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    sell some stuff on eBay, buy a lottery ticket ( online )

ReputationRep:
    Do online surveys.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Short answer is no. If there were some magic way to make X large amount of money online quickly then we'd all be doing it.

There are no quick and easy ways to make money. One way or another you have to put in the time and effort. There are various ways to get large amounts of money quickly, such as borrowing (loans, etc.) but they're not forms of making money.

£800 is a very specific number. What do you need/want it for? If it's anything serious there's probably some way you can get help. If it's money to waste on something non-essential (think holidays, computers, etc.) then work for it.

The previous suggestions also won't make you serious money. To make £800 off eBay you need to have around £1000 of stuff to sell. You aren't effectively making any money there, just exchanging goods for money. If you don't have £800 you'll probably struggle to put together enough to stuff to sell to make £800. Lottery is not a serious suggestion. Paid surveys and similar do not pay very well (when they pay at all and aren't scams) and you certainly won't be able to make £800 off it, let alone quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Become a titty streamer

ReputationRep:
    Scan ebay and amazon for lots ending soon going cheap, buy them then stick them straight back on with a higher minimum price. You make money for doing nothing much.

Get a job?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Scan ebay and amazon for lots ending soon going cheap, buy them then stick them straight back on with a higher minimum price. You make money for doing nothing much.
    I'm afraid the idea that you don't have to do much work here is really flawed. It takes a lot of time and effort to flip stuff on eBay/Amazon.

First of all you need to find stuff going cheap. That means you need to know what cheap looks like. Which means you need to have lots of market knowledge. You need to look at completed listings, work out what things are selling for and relist everything you buy. You need to work out how much money you need to pay in fees, deal with shipping and so on.

Then you need to have a market for the item. Sometimes stuff is going cheap because there's too much or nobody wants to buy it. If you've purchased something cheap at the last minute then it's reasonable to assume it might not have sold if you hadn't brought it. Which means you need to find a way to sell it for more when there's little interest.

Thirdly, sometimes stuff is going cheap and there's a dodgy reason. Maybe you overlooked that a Macbook was being sold cheap because it's listed for parts or not working. Or you received a fake item. You need to be super careful with what you're buying and it isn't always easy to get your money back.

Fourth. You need to have the money to start. If you can't buy anything you won't get very far.

There are ways to buy low and sell high online. But they're not as common as people think and they're certainly not easy money. You can look for items that have been wrongly listed (maybe someone listed a Macbook as an Aple Laptop and didn't get any bids or exposure because of the spelling mistakes) or listings ending at obscure times (late night/early morning). But it's certainly not a matter of looking for stuff going cheap and throwing it back on for a higher price.

ReputationRep:
    Webcamming. Depending if your male or female.

Male 0 chance
    Female make as much money as you want.
    ahah

ReputationRep:
    it's not super quick but you have your goal in a month if you know what you're doing
    best bet is to buy scrap gold going sites like Etsy and gumtree (most dealers forget them)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i have bought today 7 gold chains, 1 silver chain, 2 silver rings, 2 candleabras, 300g of assorted scrap 14kt gold and a motorbike for £11,000 and i'll make at least £20,000 even if all the gold is melted down
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Become a contractor and work as a remote developer? You'd make £800 within 2-3 days.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, matched betting. You can easily make that in a month, maybe 2 when you first start

ReputationRep:
    That's how much I make in a month of working...get a job?

ReputationRep:
    not unless you have things to sell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Get a job?
    I agree.
    What do you need £800 for anyway?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.