Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So I have been offered ABB/320 UCAS points to study pharmacy at LJMU. But to be honest I don't think I will achieve this, I may achieve BBB/BBC. As I achieved CCCC at AS level. My question is, because my AS grades will drag down my overall grades, will LJMU take into account my A2 module grades? Also, do you reckon LJMU will accept me with BBB/BBC, whats the lowest you have heard of people being able to study pharmacy at LJMU?

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Yes ljmu will accept you .. I do pharmacy at ljmu and I got an ABB, however I know people who got on the course with a BBC. I think you will be ok.
    This was allowed a few years ago however I'm not sure about now I can't see why they would have changed anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi, From my experience of clearing, the overall, or rather the A2 grade is what matters. So rather than looking at your AS grades bringing your overall score down, I'd take the view that your A2 can bring everything up (if that makes sense)!I second the previous comment too, I think you'll be okay in the BBB/BBC situation. However, what they allow depends on the overall performance of applicants on results day, which we can't know until the day. If you achieve those grades, they are still very good, so whilst there are no guarantees, you should be okay.If there are Pharmacy places in clearing it can become pretty competitive, as a result the Uni tends not to drop the grade requirements too low as they can afford to be picky. You sound like you're on the right track though so hopefully it won't come to that. Good luck!

(Original post by jadder1224)
    Hi guys,

So I have been offered ABB/320 UCAS points to study pharmacy at LJMU. But to be honest I don't think I will achieve this, I may achieve BBB/BBC. As I achieved CCCC at AS level. My question is, because my AS grades will drag down my overall grades, will LJMU take into account my A2 module grades? Also, do you reckon LJMU will accept me with BBB/BBC, whats the lowest you have heard of people being able to study pharmacy at LJMU?

Thankyou
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    P.S. my message did have spacing, my formatting is all over the place on here! Can't seem to fix it...

ReputationRep:
    hi, i received an offer at LJMU with A-level grades ACC

i'll be starting this september!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.