Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There is no way on Earth the EU will just let the UK leave like that, especially considering the corporate influence and how much both they and the politicians that serve them have put into this project. What we are seeing here is a complete power play and the masses will lap it up.

Lets just look at some cold hard facts:

a) The UK has been a political thorn in the EU project for a long time
    b) The referendum on the EU was given to us without any real fight
    c) The older generation mostly voted to leave the EU
    d) There is no way they would not have planned for both referendum outcomes

On that basis, lets move forward.

Outcome 1 - we vote to remain

1) The UK, due to it being an obstacle, was given a referendum on membership
    2) It votes to stay in the EU and gives the green light to push forward

Outcome 2 - we vote to leave - Plan 1

2) It votes to leave the EU and thinks that it has won and everything is great
    3) The UK government strikes up a deal that removes us from the EU but keeps us in the EEA and therefore we lose influence at the table - the EU can move forward with its long-term aims of closer integration and we cannot do a thing about it

Outcome 2 - we vote to leave - Plan 2
    2) It votes to leave the EU and thinks that it has won and everything is great
    3) The UK government leads the UK out of the EU and in the meantime the EU continues on with its long-term aims of closer integration
    4) The corporate and political elites punish us to the point that the UK suffers both economically and socially which leads to tensions rising - cold turkey
    5) As the older generation die off the younger generation beg to rejoin the EU as it was better then and another referendum on membership is held - the people vote to rejoin the EU but the EU makes large demands such as closer political and economic integration - possibly joining the Euro and so forth - the UK government go along with it and the plan is complete

The EU corporates and politicians are forcing the UK to go cold turkey. When the UK people can no longer have what they crave they will run back to the EU begging to rejoin like little crack addicts needing their fix. At this point the EU will drive up the costs of membership to the UK, just a crack dealer would drive up the price of the drug, and that will be that.The EU bureaucrats and corporates know this will work because the younger generation are so pro-European and are falling for the propaganda already. Look at the younger generation who have are now addicted to the EU and begging to rejoin like little crackheads in London needing another fix.

They're crying, they're sulking, they're blaming everyone else for it but in the future they will be the ones who put us in the control of the dealer.If you think the EU loses in any way, shape or form then you are sadly mistaken. This is a power play, smoke and mirrors and the United States of Europe will eventually become a reality.

ReputationRep:
    I get your pessimism, and cynicism.
    But -you are underestimating the hatred and resentment of leave at the smears and self-satisfaction of Remain. People get this corporatist globalist argument now, they get that Washington wants this, they get the agenda and who benefits from all of this. If they override it, I'm telling you, we show solidarity and we will shut this country down. you cannot ignore democracy. What we have lived with the last 20-40 years is insufferable. Revolutions and liberation have come about throughout history, like the French and American ones. This is another turning point, it's why establishment fears this. If you think we are anti-establishment, wait until the French get a say. The genie is out of the bottle. We don't need to worry, change is on the way, this is the desperation of establishment losing it's grip. If they override, it, all we need is solidarity and numbers. they think they will 're-educate' the little people to be as brainwashed as they are. It will not work, and we have them now. Have faith, this is a noble cause.
    Be detached and cynical about the future where need be, but we can act where we need to. All we have to do is wait, if they ever did override it our whole system breaks. If they think they have smoothed it over, with their usual conceit, we wait in the metaphorical grass to pounce, with a united mass that they cannot contain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    I get your pessimism, and cynicism.
    But -you are underestimating the hatred and resentment of leave at the smears and self-satisfaction of Remain. People get this corporatist globalist argument now, they get that Washington wants this, they get the agenda and who benefits from all of this. If they override it, I'm telling you, we show solidarity and we will shut this country down. you cannot ignore democracy. What we have lived with the last 20-40 years is insufferable. Revolutions and liberation have come about throughout history, like the French and American ones. This is another turning point, it's why establishment fears this. If you think we are anti-establishment, wait until the French get a say. The genie is out of the bottle. We don't need to worry, change is on the way, this is the desperation of establishment losing it's grip. If they override, it, all we need is solidarity and numbers. they think they will 're-educate' the little people to be as brainwashed as they are. It will not work, and we have them now. Have faith, this is a noble cause.
    Be detached and cynical about the future where need be, but we can act where we need to. All we have to do is wait, if they ever did override it our whole system breaks. If they think they have smoothed it over, with their usual conceit, we wait in the metaphorical grass to pounce, with a united mass that they cannot contain.
    The referendum would have never been allowed if they couldn't dictate the outcome. This is just another case of 'dance puppets dance' and of course the British public are lapping it up on both sides. Utterly deplorable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    The referendum would have never been allowed if they couldn't dictate the outcome. This is just another case of 'dance puppets dance' and of course the British public are lapping it up on both sides. Utterly deplorable.
    I know their motives are deplorable, but I think you are too cynical about the outcome, you're losing heart. Revolutions happen, for sure, look how ****ing panicked they are. Brexit has a very good chance of being executed, and can they control events all across Europe? Look at how Merkel reacted, with further integration plans. France has an election next year. It would have to be a bold plot, and even if it was, it may backfire and ask the opposite of what the globalists. We've already seen that TTIP is ruined. I think you are going on the evidence of previous decades, and you may be underestimating people power. Let's see what happens in the US too.

ReputationRep:
    I know their motives are deplorable, but I think you are too cynical about the outcome, you're losing heart. Revolutions happen, for sure, look how ****ing panicked they are. Brexit has a very good chance of being executed, and can they control events all across Europe? Look at how Merkel reacted, with further integration plans. France has an election next year. It would have to be a bold plot, and even if it was, it may backfire and ask the opposite of what the globalists. We've already seen that TTIP is ruined. I think you are going on the evidence of previous decades, and you may be underestimating people power. Let's see what happens in the US too.

I honestly dont think much will change.

ReputationRep:
    it is great to know that there are people like you who really understand what is going on.

Referendum = Jet Fuel. *

EU = Steel Beams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    it is great to know that there are people like you who really understand what is going on.

Referendum = Jet Fuel. *

EU = Steel Beams
    Its all smoke and mirrors. Get the angry people lashing out at the immigrants. Get the immigrants lashing out in response. What better way to stop them all going after the government for austerity? Its just divide and conquer politics and a distraction. Nothing will really change.

ReputationRep:
    Its all smoke and mirrors. Get the angry people lashing out at the immigrants. Get the immigrants lashing out in response. What better way to stop them all going after the government for austerity? Its just divide and conquer politics and a distraction. Nothing will really change.
    I wasn't hoping for an overthrow of the economic system overnight. I know about divide and rule. I know how cynical politics is. I still think it was worth a shot fort he long term and going against what they want. I know they want everything as is. But you really think it wasn't worth leave, why are they so scared? You really think independent European nations, revolution even in America couldn't begin to change the world a little bit? If they were so sure, the power players, that everything would be how they wanted anyhow, then why would they be panicked? Now that 52% oft the nation, after being told what they think, know that others want the same thing, are they to keep a lid on this? Will they keep a lid on the demands for referenda across Europe, while Merkel tried to batten down the hatches and create something more homogenized? It was still worth doing, as opposed to the alternative, which was defeatism. you cannot Know the future, but you can know exactly the same would have gone on with remain. If they try and override peoples wishes again, and democracy and the main parties remain unresponsive to the needs of people, trying, along with media to tell them they want something else, they will have one almighty problem, as proven by this already. Do you really think Leave are going to lie down and accept it if they dupe us?

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't hoping for an overthrow of the economic system overnight. I know about divide and rule. I know how cynical politics is. I still think it waw worth a shot fort he long term and going against what they want. I know they want everything as is. But you really think it wasn't worth leave, why are they so scared? You really think independent European nations, revolution even in America couldn't begin to change the world a little bit? If they were so sure, the power players, that everything would be how they wanted anyhow, then why would they be panicked?
    They're not. This is all part of the theatrical performance.

ReputationRep:
    They're not. This is all part of the theatrical performance.
    I'm sorry, even if they weren't, all the 'lower down' people so essential to them and in promoting the agenda are. Stop thinking totally negatively, if they override our wishes, and make a farce of democracy we will shut **** down completely. I'm telling you it is spreading across Europe. Look at history, do you think revolution is dead for evermore? History is cyclical.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, even if they weren't, all the 'lower down' people so essential to them and in promoting the agenda are. Stop thinking totally negatively, if they override our wishes, and make a farce of democracy we will shut **** down completely. I'm telling you it is spreading across Europe. Look at history, do you think revolution is dead for evermore? History is cyclical.
    Wait and see then. All you will see is the corporates and political elite punish people even further either by economic policy or by force on the streets. The establishment will fight back as its a protectionist racket.

ReputationRep:
    Wait and see then. All you will see is the corporates and political elite punish people even further either by economic policy or by force on the streets. The establishment will fight back as its a protectionist racket.
    So what's the alternative? Give up, without any fight? Let ourselves be defeated?
    You are displaying the disheartened mentality of millions who see through this paradigm and it's hellishness but would have voted remain in despair and given them most of the vote. You did the right thing. This is the beginning of greater change.
    So, they fight back, we fight back. They cannot keep a lid on 17 million all coming to London , these remainers are coming out in force because they think Brexit is happening. What do you think leavers will do if it doesn't? You sound like you want to give up, or want us to fail. Keep the faith, not that everything will be fine and we'll overthrow all corruption, but that we can make a difference. Look, mate, the alternative, to let them have what they want is surrender, we can cause them a massive problem, it was the only way to inspire it across Europe. Unless you are a closet remainer who is spinning, then don't give up. How do you know it will not spread across europe? There's no way the likes of Greece will take it anymore, Merkel won't keep them. France are exasperated with terrorism and schengen. You sound like you want it to go wrong.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.