Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has gone to Malaysia for a month and he gets back at the beginning of August. Our communication is poor (if any) due to the terrible wifi over there and he is with school so it's impossible for him to wander from the group in search of an internet cafe, etc. I miss him already and I don't know what to do with myself, I usually see him every day so I'm finding myself counting down the days and I know that's not healthy. I don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    First, whatever you do, DO NOT CHEAT ON HIM!!! I apologize if you're not that kind of person. Also, it's not unhealthy for you to count the days until your boyfriend comes back, after all, we count down the days until we leave school from time to time. Keep thinking of him, and how momentous your reunion will be when it comes to pass. I wish you and him the very best.

ReputationRep:
    This is the problem most people have when they enter a relationship. They loose their identity so when they spend time apart, they don't know what to do with theirself. You saying he's gone with "school" so I'm guessing you maybe around 16-18? Which is unhealthy to be like that at that age.

You need to keep yourself busy and evaluate yourself. What did you like to do by yourself before you two was together? Spend time with friends, spend time with family - you probably will realise how much you miss spending time with them if you say you spend time with your boyfriend everyday...

Please don't take this the wrong way but use this time to help find your identity because from what you put on this post. IF you two ever split up, I think you wouldn't know where to begin to piece yourself back up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the best bet in this situation is just distracting yourself and learning how to live without him! It can be hard if you've never had a period of no communication, but you have to learn at some point. Try to go out with your friends, maybe get on reading those books you wanted to read/shows you wanted to watch, enjoy the lovely weather. If you ever really want to tell him something, perhaps send him a message or facebook or something, as even if he may not see it -- it will be there for when he's back, if you think he wouldn't mind very much. (Don't over do this though!).

Just try your best to just enjoy your life, especially now that its summer, because you can't depend on your boyfriend on it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, I've got loads of things to do while he's away, I'm not just sitting around moping about him haha. It's just that I can't get him off my mind and the time is going so slowly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy102)
    Thanks guys, I've got loads of things to do while he's away, I'm not just sitting around moping about him haha. It's just that I can't get him off my mind and the time is going so slowly
    Not gonna lie, this isn't very healthy behaviour. You sound pretty needy and clingy, which is fine, but it's a big turn off for a lot of guys.

Remember, you've got a life outside your relationship - that doesn't mean you can go sleeping around, but go see your friends, play sports, or whatever hobbies you may have.

ReputationRep:
    God damn you're needy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation, my boyfriend is away in Costa Rica for a month with college and they weren't allowed to bring phones, I'm with him a lot so not being able to see or speak to him for a month is difficult. It's completely normal that he's on your mind all of the time, it'll help if you have an idea of what he'll be upto everyday, it'll make it go quicker. Don't worry about it! Every time I feel like there's something I need to tell my boyfriend I text it to him, even just getting what you want to say out on paper is better than nothing! It'll go quickly I promise and you'll both feel so much better at the end of it, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    the short answer is its just totally normal and part of life, its just something you have to learn to deal with, do excercise, lose yourself in music etc to keep your mind off it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I'll try text him things
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Write him an e-mail. he can pick it up whenever he gets access.
    Dont be too needy its not a good look.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.