The Student Room Group

Do any of you guys still shop at supermarkets?

I mostly get my groceries delivered or ask a person to shop for me in an emergency, but the whole shopping experience of supermarkets can be quite daunting

Scroll to see replies

i am not that lazy :rolleyes: i'll get my groceries by myself to check the quality of it as well :cute:
Never been one to buy groceries online.

Prefer going to the supermarket, butchers, fishmongers and fruit+vegetable sellers directly.

I'm quite particular on my fish, meats, fruits and vegetables, therefore I must see it first before committing to buy.
Yes.........
My mum is a single mum and given that she works full time, doesn't have time to go traipsing down to the supermarket so we get most of the groceries for the week delivered.
I'll usually get stuff delivered, and then stop off at the Tesco Express in the evening if I need anything last minute... If I'm cooking a nice meal or something, I might go to the Butcher to get my meat, otherwise, I usually just let the pickers pick me me food!
Reply 6
I love going food shopping. I find it quite relaxing :colondollar:

I do get my groceries delivered too sometimes, maybe once or twice a month
No wonder you have so much time to start misc threads. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I go to the supermarket. It's not that daunting once you get in the habit.
Why would you shop online? Im not going to waste my electricity when I can walk
I live like 2 mins away from morrisons. Then like 8 mins away from sainsburys and tescos. (Local)
Original post by mobbsy91
I'll usually get stuff delivered, and then stop off at the Tesco Express in the evening if I need anything last minute... If I'm cooking a nice meal or something, I might go to the Butcher to get my meat, otherwise, I usually just let the pickers pick me me food!

Are you rich or something? Why not just go to stores for free instead of paying for delivery. And only rich people go to express and the butchers. Its more expensive there
Um, yes?
I'm not lazy, of course I shop for myself. Usually on my way home from university or early in the mornings on weekends.
Yes...

Shopping is one of my excuses to get out of the house and get some air :h:
Tescos are trash. No idea how they are not out of business. Terrible prices. Terrible rotting vedge. Terrible sell by dates..

What gives?
Let you off then :biggrin:
you can meet nice ladies at the supermarket.
Original post by the bear
you can meet nice ladies at the supermarket.

What middle class mothers?
No thankyou, buddy.
Original post by RibbonTide
Are you rich or something? Why not just go to stores for free instead of paying for delivery. And only rich people go to express and the butchers. Its more expensive there

Not everyone lives within walking distance of a supermarket. *You can buy delivery passes now as well (or get free delivery if you spend enough) so it can work out cheaper to get deliveries than it is to drive and pay for parking.

I prefer online shopping but don't do it all the time because of the minimum spends. *I go to supermarkets the odd time but go to filling stations if I just need bread or something.

Quick Reply

Latest