Do any of you guys still shop at supermarkets?

Watch
Blue_Mason
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I mostly get my groceries delivered or ask a person to shop for me in an emergency, but the whole shopping experience of supermarkets can be quite daunting
fatima1998
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i am not that lazy :rolleyes: i'll get my groceries by myself to check the quality of it as well :cute:
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Never been one to buy groceries online.

Prefer going to the supermarket, butchers, fishmongers and fruit+vegetable sellers directly.

I'm quite particular on my fish, meats, fruits and vegetables, therefore I must see it first before committing to buy.
Elizabeth II
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes.........
Platopus
Report 5 years ago
My mum is a single mum and given that she works full time, doesn't have time to go traipsing down to the supermarket so we get most of the groceries for the week delivered.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll usually get stuff delivered, and then stop off at the Tesco Express in the evening if I need anything last minute... If I'm cooking a nice meal or something, I might go to the Butcher to get my meat, otherwise, I usually just let the pickers pick me me food!
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love going food shopping. I find it quite relaxing

I do get my groceries delivered too sometimes, maybe once or twice a month
The_Meritocrat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No wonder you have so much time to start misc threads. :rolleyes:
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, I go to the supermarket. It's not that daunting once you get in the habit.
RibbonTide
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why would you shop online? Im not going to waste my electricity when I can walk
Kholmes1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I live like 2 mins away from morrisons. Then like 8 mins away from sainsburys and tescos. (Local)
RibbonTide
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
I'll usually get stuff delivered, and then stop off at the Tesco Express in the evening if I need anything last minute... If I'm cooking a nice meal or something, I might go to the Butcher to get my meat, otherwise, I usually just let the pickers pick me me food!
Are you rich or something? Why not just go to stores for free instead of paying for delivery. And only rich people go to express and the butchers. Its more expensive there
username1208193
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Um, yes?
EllainKahlo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not lazy, of course I shop for myself. Usually on my way home from university or early in the mornings on weekends.
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
Yes...

Shopping is one of my excuses to get out of the house and get some air
Betelgeuse-
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tescos are trash. No idea how they are not out of business. Terrible prices. Terrible rotting vedge. Terrible sell by dates..

What gives?
Betelgeuse-
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Let you off then
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you can meet nice ladies at the supermarket.
Blue_Mason
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
you can meet nice ladies at the supermarket.

What middle class mothers?
No thankyou, buddy.
DarkMagic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RibbonTide)
Are you rich or something? Why not just go to stores for free instead of paying for delivery. And only rich people go to express and the butchers. Its more expensive there
Not everyone lives within walking distance of a supermarket. *You can buy delivery passes now as well (or get free delivery if you spend enough) so it can work out cheaper to get deliveries than it is to drive and pay for parking.

I prefer online shopping but don't do it all the time because of the minimum spends. *I go to supermarkets the odd time but go to filling stations if I just need bread or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (5)
14.29%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (11)
31.43%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (2)
5.71%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (4)
11.43%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (1)
2.86%
I think it's an unfair expectation (11)
31.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads