Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi do any bath students know if bath is usually quite lenient with regards to missing your offer?
    For example do you have a lot of course mates who missed by one or two grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by katie*may)
    Hi do any bath students know if bath is usually quite lenient with regards to missing your offer?
    For example do you have a lot of course mates who missed by one or two grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, sorry that you haven't had a reply yet. I'm not a bath student but I can give you the general advice that it really depends on how others do. All unis accept more people than they can accommodate because they know some will reject them, some will insure them and others will fail to meet the requirements. So sometimes unis get the measures wrong and end up having to take on too many people or tend up taking in a lot fewer than expected.

Anyway the point is that if everyone has an amazing year then chances are that you won't get in, but if everyone failed then you have a good shot. Also it depends on how far you missed your offer by and if the subjects were intergral to the course.

ReputationRep:
    Please also bear in mind that, in general, Bath doesn't struggle to attract well qualified candidates - for eg. It did NOT participate *at all* in UCAS Clearing for 2015/16 Entry - there's a LARGE clue...

Good Luck.
    A

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!
    Yeah I wasn't sure if they didn't go into clearing because they pretty much accept all the people who initially applied or whether they all got the grades like you said

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaySouth17)
    Thanks everyone!
    Yeah I wasn't sure if they didn't go into clearing because they pretty much accept all the people who initially applied or whether they all got the grades like you said

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know someone who didn't get on to the Psych course because they missed the requirement by 1 point. They did IB.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.