Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Please give me some ideas for repaying the money I owe to my university. I studied MSc Business Management at the University of Glasgow (2014-2015) and was awarded MSc Distinction pass for my course. Sadly I could not graduate because I was not able to pay off all of my tuition fees.Initially I wanted to do PhD at the Business School after completing my MSccourse but I realised I could not afford to do that right away. I still owe the university about 3000 GBP. So I started to look for a job and started a business with friends from my course.I am still unemployed and my business ventures did not go well. I wish to graduate purse my initial dream. The university said I am not eligible for their internal scholarshipsbecause I am no longer a student. I am home student from Glasgow and I am 26 years old. Please give me some suggestions about what scholarships / charities or organizations I could get help from. Thank you.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by kiri1989)
    Please give me some suggestions about what scholarships / charities or organizations I could get help from. Thank you.
    You simply have a debt, so there are unlikely to be scholarships, charities or non-commercial organisations that can help. You need to get a job, and then perhaps you could take out a loan or get an overdraft to pay off the debt.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    What threeport said. All I can see is you spent money in a course and havent paid for it.

You will have to get a job and maybe after six months your bank will give you a loan.

Highly unlikley you would get any retrispective scholarship or charity to pay your debts.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.