Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone wish they were going to their insurance? watch

ReputationRep:
    i.e. I was going to go nottingham. Had a good offer. Was thinking about the liveeee nightlife. The jokes. The girls. The pranks.

But then got a late offer from lse which i couldnt turn down n im gona be spending 3 years thinking what might have been socially.

or am i the only one?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus christ LSE is your insurance? :'(

I'd really try and switch if I were you mate =P

ReputationRep:
    no nottingham is now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aman21)
    i.e. I was going to go nottingham. Had a good offer. Was thinking about the liveeee nightlife. The jokes. The girls. The pranks.

But then got a late offer from lse which i couldnt turn down n im gona be spending 3 years thinking what might have been socially.

or am i the only one?
    You're gonna be in London! Surely you can find a social life from somewhere?

Plus you never know, you might miss your grades!

ReputationRep:
    no nottingham is now!
    Oh okay. I get you now sorry. Hmm. I'm sure fate will take you to the best place for you, or you'll at least feel like it.

Lex

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind that! I went up 2 the nottingham open day, the 1st years in the politics department were pretty friendly

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind that! I went up 2 the nottingham open day, the 1st years in the politics department were pretty friendly
    Ooh, are you doing politics? I'm hopefully going to be doing that at Notts this year!

ReputationRep:
    no way! thats a bit of a result. I was going to do st8 politics at notts, but im doing international relations at lse now. u mite have been a friend
    did u go to the departmental open day? i went 2 the one in february- ther was like a blizzard on the day

ReputationRep:
    no way! thats a bit of a result. I was going to do st8 politics at notts, but im doing international relations at lse now. u mite have been a friend
    did u go to the departmental open day? i went 2 the one in february- ther was like a blizzard on the day
    I went in either february or march (can't remember)- the day after I got rejected from international relations at LSE :rolleyes:

Do you have the same offer for both of them? I thought they were both ABB?

ReputationRep:
    yeh, bth were ABB but I met someone in the year above who mised his offer by one grade n nottingham let him off. so ( i no its a stupid reasoning on my part) i thought maybe if I don't get ABB i mite get in2 notts by being an insurance- u have no idea how much i wanted to go nottingham tho.
    sorry to hear about the lse decision, but if this is any consolation, theres 20 less places than when we applied- only 47 IR students. application for the course went up 2 18:1 when we applied it was 13:1, n basically im gona b the only erson on the course speakin english! (i dint say that with any racist overtones mind you!) trust me nottingham is the place to be!

ReputationRep:
    yeh, bth were ABB but I met someone in the year above who mised his offer by one grade n nottingham let him off. so ( i no its a stupid reasoning on my part) i thought maybe if I don't get ABB i mite get in2 notts by being an insurance- u have no idea how much i wanted to go nottingham tho.
    sorry to hear about the lse decision, but if this is any consolation, theres 20 less places than when we applied- only 47 IR students. application for the course went up 2 18:1 when we applied it was 13:1, n basically im gona b the only erson on the course speakin english! (i dint say that with any racist overtones mind you!) trust me nottingham is the place to be!
    Yeah, LSE was always a long shot for me (I mean, I do media studes for godness sake!), so i wasn't really all that disapointed. I think Nottingham will suit be better, and my bank balance will thank me for it

ReputationRep:
    lol, my accomodation costs in excess of £105 a week (they havent told me yet) on a 40 week contract. you do the maths. student loan...what student loan?! lol
    the hall food's supposed 2 b a joke as well, so extra food costs as well

ReputationRep:
    lol, my accomodation costs in excess of £105 a week (they havent told me yet) on a 40 week contract. you do the maths. student loan...what student loan?! lol
    the hall food's supposed 2 b a joke as well, so extra food costs as well
    Well my friend is going to LSE, and I've told him that if they get Boris Johnson or Nelson Mandella speaking again, I'll be up there in a shot. But I like Nottingham, so it all turned out ok

ReputationRep:
    likewise, i spoke 2 sum1 alreadt doing at ntts, she was sayin u guys get quite a few politicians n outside speakers.

ReputationRep:
    likewise, i spoke 2 sum1 alreadt doing at ntts, she was sayin u guys get quite a few politicians n outside speakers.
    really? cool!

Anyway, off to bed. Nice talking to you. I'm sure you'll be fine wherever you end up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Jesus christ LSE is your insurance? :'(

I'd really try and switch if I were you mate =P
    So say if you got the grades for both ur firm and insurance, you can only go to your firm, or could you say 'oh i don't like my firm now (for whatever reason) and go to ur insurance?

ReputationRep:
    no, I would be bound by UCAS rules n have to go to my first choice

ReputationRep:

or am i the only one?
    I kinda wish in some ways that i was going to my insurance that is loughborough but instead im off to the UEA. oh well, what will be will be. I do have the grades to get into loughborough though.

ReputationRep:
    you wouldn't be 100% bound to your first choice. you can ask for your firm choice to release you - its totally upto them though

if you really dont want to go to your firm and they wont release you, you'll have to drop out and apply again next year...

clearing wouldn't be an option then...(i dont think :confused: )

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.