Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

14 yr old girl Looking for work in Sheffield watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm 14 yrs old and wanting to gain some employment skills and earn some money of my own but not sure where best to go as most places are saying you have to be 16. Does Anyone have Any advice Please or know of anywhere looking for help and willing to employ a 14yr old girl?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by amylg02)
    You are only going to be able to get casual things like working for the family, mowing lawns, babysitting, car washing etc. There are too many legal restrictions on formal employment for it to be worth employing anyone under 16.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi i'm 14 yrs old and wanting to gain some employment skills and earn some money of my own but not sure where best to go as most places are saying you have to be 16. Does Anyone have Any advice Please or know of anywhere looking for help and willing to employ a 14yr old girl?
    WHSmith!

ReputationRep:
    Might sounds stupid, but have you considered starting your own business? Make an app or something, everyone seems to be doing it these days and there's no restrictions! I'm working on a couple of things myself at the moment.

Otherwise tutoring, babysitting etc are always pretty good for girls of your age. Stuff that's informal, as a poster above me said.

What kind of things are you interested in and what do you do in your free time? *

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.