The Student Room Group

Whats wrong with my vibe?

First off, i'm a guy.

I've never been in a relationship, never really gotten 'close' to a girl or been on dates blah blah. But I've got a MASSIVE problem; girls already in relationships usually try and get close to me.

for example a girl who I've been good friends with for a year (this girl has been in a relationship just under 2 years) by surprise kissed me, and I thought its probably just a drunken thing and its fine, but then (the same night) she pretty much forced another one on me (by this point she had pretty much sobered up)

Now, I really didn't like that because i'm not that kind of guy. In my mind if a girls in a relationship, especially if she's my friend, I should do my best to help her out and make it work.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and I really just hate it. Especially since I've got no such luck with single girls.

Whats wrong with the vibe I'm giving off that only girls in relationships go after me? (I'm pretty introverted so I don't really make moves on girls if that's any help)
Maybe you act differently to girls in relationships than to girls you 'persue' who are single. You probably show your true self to them without having to worry about flirting/playing games. And like you said you try to help them and care for them, but in a genuine way, not in an engratiaiting way. You probably feel more confident or something because to you she's just a friend, and as youmde a decent guy, any action with her is out of the question.
Reply 2
Original post by SophiaNeuning
Maybe you act differently to girls in relationships than to girls you 'persue' who are single. You probably show your true self to them without having to worry about flirting/playing games. And like you said you try to help them and care for them, but in a genuine way, not in an engratiaiting way. You probably feel more confident or something because to you she's just a friend, and as youmde a decent guy, any action with her is out of the question.

so, how do I go about dealing with it?

And also, it isn't just with girls I'm close to. Its also with those who I barely even know (e.g. have exchanged less than 10 words with). It feels like bad luck right now....
Basically hoe you act with the girls you are friends with is how you should act with single girls you are trying to date , because you feel more comfortable with your friends and nervous when it comes to trying to get a girl so it's best you act the same way as how you would to a girl who is already in a relationship
Original post by Anonymous
Basically how you act with the girls you are friends with is how you should act with single girls you are trying to date , because you feel more comfortable with your friends and nervous when it comes to trying to get a girl so it's best you act the same way as how you would to a
girl who is already in a relationship

Correct
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Basically hoe you act with the girls you are friends with is how you should act with single girls you are trying to date , because you feel more comfortable with your friends and nervous when it comes to trying to get a girl so it's best you act the same way as how you would to a girl who is already in a relationship

That will hopefully solve the no girlfriend thing, but how do I stop girls already in relationships from doing stuff to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending