Turn on thread page Beta

Becoming a pilot....... ( Raf and maybe flying a boeing later on ) watch

ReputationRep:
    So if you don't get a well paid job you'll simply sponge off mummy and daddy??

You're an arse, nothing more!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by DazYaABBB)
    So what? I was going to read dentistry but it just wasn't right for me and the reason for me going to essex was simple: they offered me an amazing course and the university is 5 miles down the road
    Marvellous. So you're the type of dynamic, go-getting person who's worried about going to a university further than five miles away? Very mature. Shows you to be terribly capable.

........ loftx and pencil go there..... loftx got AAB btw..... I own you and that's a fact, and yes, I did attain those grades.
    Well done. I got AAAAA. Now get back in your box.

while i have lots of fun at university
    As I did; had a fantastic time. Paid for by the RAF too, actually.

i'll graduate and will be on more money than you could ever wish for,
    Go through the RAF's website and figure out what aircrew like myself earn after, say, 10 years' service. What're you going to do with your degree from the University of Essex and your average A levels?

you'll still be in the RAF commiting your ass for 12 or so years
    Job security! I definately have a job for some time. And it's a fantastic job. Flying's incredible, and I do it pretty much every day.

, getting orders, dressing up in crap, wearing those berets on your head, " YES SIR, YES SIR "
    Thanks for your obvious research into the life of an officer. I haven't received an order for years. I wear a flying suit to work, which is very very comfortable, and looks, well, pretty cool as well. Officers don't wear berets either. I have to call about 3 people sir and I have no problem doing that.

It's not Dad's Army, and it's not Full Metal Jacket. Even the US military is substantially more formal than the environment within a modern RAF squadron. Think Top Gun, but a bit more laid back.

oh, and i'm much younger than you, and will show you up in any quiz, any chess game, any general knowledge stuff anytime anyday(sorry, i just pick it up quickly)
    How about I just show you up in the academics, qualifications, earnings etc and you can keep chess?

And remember, I was your age a while ago too. Except at that point I had better grades, a place at a better university, and a sponsorship package to take me into the job I did and still do love.

Peace
    I don't think that's quite what you had in mind. I'm not one for mudslinging (for example, I'm sure the University of Essex is a perfectly acceptable university and I normally wouldn't have anything to complain about towards it) but if you're going to keep dredging these petulant childish waters then I'm sure I can give as good as I get...

(Original post by Big Cheese)
    So if you don't get a well paid job you'll simply sponge off mummy and daddy??

You're an arse, nothing more!!
    no i'm pretty sure I will get a well paid job, they are there for backup, nothing more.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    provoke wzz? i'm simply putting across my opinionated views and informing him of things he needs to get right!

Even if I don't get a job that pays as well as i hoped, i still got my parents which thankfully have good careers and are very very well off from my grandparents.

is it not ok to have ambitions in life? that's a rhetorical question by the way before you start to answer
    So you admit your views are opinionated? Brilliant. And if you fail to get a superb job, as Big Cheese says you'll sponge of your parents?

As I heard in a film once, I wish I had a daughter so I could forbid her from going anywhere near you. What a waste of space. Your ambition is to make a lot of money, or failing that live off mum and dad? How very proud you must be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wzz)
    So you admit your views are opinionated? Brilliant. And if you fail to get a superb job, as Big Cheese says you'll sponge of your parents?

As I heard in a film once, I wish I had a daughter so I could forbid her from going anywhere near you. What a waste of space. Your ambition is to make a lot of money, or failing that live off mum and dad? How very proud you must be.
    Out of the kindness of my heart I beg you to leave the resident psychopath alone.

here we go....

(Original post by Wzz)
    Marvellous. So you're the type of dynamic, go-getting person who's worried about going to a university further than five miles away? Very mature. Shows you to be terribly capable.
    Actually When I applied, it was for deferred entry. However, Essex offered me a place to read something that was less demanding and appealed to me greatly.(October 2004).

(Original post by Wzz)
    Well done. I got AAAAA. Now get back in your box.
    Point? You are what, 33 years old? I have my whole life ahead of me!

[/quote] Average A levels? I'd like to think my a levels were above average seeing as C's, D's and E's were common place among my sixth form!(And others.) Take into account the amount of people that don't actually opt in for studying A levels and work at the age of 16! It is not of importance to you what I decide to go into, but I promise you it will be successful whatever I do decide to do.

(Original post by Wzz)
    Job security! I definately have a job for some time. And it's a fantastic job. Flying's incredible, and I do it pretty much every day.
    You have to dedicate your life to it. Moving to countries etc. When you get a family you'll soon realise how much it'll mess your kids up.
    (Original post by Wzz)

Thanks for your obvious research into the life of an officer. I haven't received an order for years. I wear a flying suit to work, which is very very comfortable, and looks, well, pretty cool as well. Officers don't wear berets either. I have to call about 3 people sir and I have no problem doing that.

It's not Dad's Army, and it's not Full Metal Jacket. Even the US military is substantially more formal than the environment within a modern RAF squadron. Think Top Gun, but a bit more laid back.
    But you've receieved orders previously right? Exactly

(Original post by Wzz)
    How about I just show you up in the academics, qualifications, earnings etc and you can keep chess?

And remember, I was your age a while ago too. Except at that point I had better grades, a place at a better university, and a sponsorship package to take me into the job I did and still do love.

I don't think that's quite what you had in mind. I'm not one for mudslinging (for example, I'm sure the University of Essex is a perfectly acceptable university and I normally wouldn't have anything to complain about towards it) but if you're going to keep dredging these petulant childish waters then I'm sure I can give as good as I get...
    Earnings? At the moment I don't earn a penny but will be getting a part time job at Odeon. I can guarantee you this: My parents are on more than you'll ever dream of being on

http://www.freewebs.com/dazzya/money.GIF that was just my exam money mate!

I won't even bother to post the picture up of the place we stayed in the states.

(Original post by waiting2smile)
    Out of the kindness of my heart I beg you to leave the resident psychopath alone.
    Don't even talk ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Don't even talk ugly.
    Whatever. I hear you have monkey like ears and beady hawk like - little eyes.

I suggest you go and get an education sharpish; your meaningless arguments are absolutely cringe worthy.

N.B

(Original post by waiting2smile)
    Whatever. I hear you have monkey like ears and beady hawk like - little eyes.

I suggest you go and get an education sharpish; your meaningless arguments are absolutely cringe worthy.

N.B
    girls say my eyes are my nice feature but ok ....... and i just consider myself a normal looking boy, at the end of the day i have had girlfriends with more class than you'll ever have boyfriends

what you on about? you're ugly as sin, i remember your picture and you're horrible to look at, HORRIBLE

you think the geeks are good looking, i remember you saying once when this guy put his picture up

then again, you're just another geek

oh, and to add to that, you BEGGED me to stop owning this forum, packeting it, flooding it...... you begged me.....

poor girl.... i feel sorry for you

wtf you doing in this country anyways?
    GTFO
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    oh, and to add to that, you BEGGED me to stop owning this forum, packeting it, flooding it...... you begged me.....

poor girl.... i feel sorry for you

wtf you doing in this country anyways?
    GTFO
    you do know that W2S has left UKL and given her account to 2 other people don't you?

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    you do know that W2S has left UKL and given her account to 2 other people don't you?
    not back then she didn't

ReputationRep:
    girls say my eyes are my nice feature but ok ....... and i just consider myself a normal looking boy, at the end of the day i have had girlfriends with more class than you'll ever have boyfriends

what you on about? you're ugly as sin, i remember your picture and you're horrible to look at, HORRIBLE

you think the geeks are good looking, i remember you saying once when this guy put his picture up

Do I even know you? Geek!

If you're talking about Aleena I don't think she's the type of girl to post her picture on the net. I can also verfiy for you that she's also very pretty, so it would seem you are either suffering from the green eyed monster or have a perverted and really sick imagination.

N.B
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    pencil queen don't even start

i wont even mention what your married to
    I don't suppose you would like to share why you felt the need to delete this post?

oh, and this is for you w2s

yep yep

am i still your dashing neuropath how you said i was?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    not back then she didn't
    Now she has....in fact there is at least a 50% chance that the w2s you're talking to isn't a she

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Now she has....in fact there is at least a 50% chance that the w2s you're talking to isn't a she
    but not back then, she begged and begged

and that is w2s........
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    ...something that was less demanding...
    Again, well done. You must be so proud.

...Point? You are what, 33 years old? I have my whole life ahead of me!
    You're out by pretty much 10 years. I'm in my early twenties. My point is you're warbling on about how fantastically intelligent you are compared to me (although why you got on to this I don't know) when you managed ABBB? Not only did I not slip to any Bs, I packed in an extra A on top of yours; not to mention having a degree. So what's your basis for you being smarter; other than the fact that your pride's taking a bit of a wounding?

You have to dedicate your life to it. Moving to countries etc. When you get a family you'll soon realise how much it'll mess your kids up.
    Moving to countries? How many countries does the RAF have permanent aircrew based in? The answer's one. The UK! I can do 6 weeks in the Falklands... maybe do a couple of years in Cyprus, but that's hotly contested, and not the sort of thing you get told to do.

No fly zones in the Gulf? Matter of weeks rather than anything else. I don't have to move out of the UK, and seeing as the fast jet front line is getting smaller, it's getting to the stage where I don't even have to move within the UK any more than I want to.

Do your research. Don't sit there and rubbish things about my career when you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

But you've receieved orders previously right? Exactly
    In the sense of being told that I'll be in charge of the squadron's participation in an event, or that the Boss has told me I need to host a visit round our squadron one day, yes.

What job are you going to get where no-one's ever going to tell you what to do?

Military orders are a far cry from some screaming sergeant major on TV. We're grown ups in the officer world, and act like them. No-one needs to be told to do things.

...Earnings? At the moment I don't earn a penny but will be getting a part time job at Odeon. I can guarantee you this: My parents are on more than you'll ever dream of being on
    Ah, right, suddenly everything becomes clear. So your parents are better than me, and by association you are too?

You'll notice that I haven't mentioned how much money my parents earn. Perhaps they earn a lot more than yours? I'm happy to enter into any disagreements with my own strengths.

Your parents having money doesn't make you anything more than a petulant, spoiled, arrogant waste of space.

I won't even bother to post the picture up of the place we stayed in the states.
    So you're a bit on the materialistic side? This is a ridiculous conversation. You have well off parents; your answer to everything; and somehow you're better than anyone else who uses this forum?

Get some money yourself before you brag about having it. I could go and ask my mum and dad for a handout too; shall we have a contest to see who can get the most out of their parents? Or is that a little on the petty side...?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    and that is w2s........
    No it isn't - it's someone else using her account
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    at the end of the day i have had girlfriends with more class than you'll ever have boyfriends
    And you know this how?

Nice quote from the guy who claims he's better than an Air Force fast jet pilot because he could beat him at chess....

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.